Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Advanced Configuration for Oracle Ed 1
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Advanced Configuration for Oracle Ed 1 Course Overview:
The Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Advanced Configuration for Oracle Ed 1 course offers practical training to enable students to deploy, configure, and manage Oracle GoldenGate 12c for Oracle databases. Geared towards experienced Oracle Database Administrators, GoldenGate Architects, and Administrators, the course covers a wide range of topics, starting with a high-level overview of Oracle GoldenGate components and progressing to in-depth exploration of advanced configuration options, use cases, and troubleshooting. Upon completion of the course, students will be equipped with the expertise to proficiently set up and manage Oracle GoldenGate 12c for Oracle databases, fostering confidence in their abilities.
- IT Professionals with Intermediate Knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Individuals who have a solid foundational understanding of Oracle GoldenGate 12c and are looking to enhance their expertise.
- Professional Oracle Database Administrators: Database administrators who work with Oracle databases and need to deploy and manage replication of Oracle databases and applications using GoldenGate.
- System Administrators: IT professionals responsible for managing and maintaining system-level configurations and implementations.
- IT Consultants: Professionals working as consultants in the IT industry and dealing with replication solutions.
- Users with Basic Knowledge of Data Analysis, Data Modeling, and Query Optimization: Individuals who have prior experience in data analysis, data modeling, and optimizing queries.
- Familiarity with Oracle GoldenGate 12c and Oracle Database 11g/12c: Participants should already be acquainted with the concepts and features of Oracle GoldenGate 12c and Oracle Database 11g/12c.
- Experienced Oracle GoldenGate Developers: Developers who are already well-versed in Oracle GoldenGate and want to advance their skills to a more sophisticated level.
Learning Objectives of Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Advanced Configuration for Oracle Ed 1:
1. Understand the concepts, features and architecture of Oracle Access Management 12c.
2. Set up a Weblogic domain and create OAM domain.
3. Understand the capabilities and security measures of Oracle Access Manager.
4. Configure OAM environment, Users and Roles, Authorization, Resources and Agents.
5. Configure Authentication, Authorization, Federation and Web Services Security.
6. Monitor, Troubleshoot and tune OAM environments.
7. Utilize OAM security components such as OAuth2 with OAM access tokens.
8. Configure OAM to integrate with SSO solutions such as LDAP, Kerberos, SAML and OID.
9. Secure web apps, SaaS apps and mobile apps with Oracle Access Management.
10. Implement security protocols within OAM using various features in OAM 12c.
Module 1: Oracle GoldenGate Integrated Capture/integrated Delivery
- What is Oracle GoldenGate Integrated Capture?
- Why it is Needed and What Additional Replication Features it Makes Possible
- How to Prepare a Database for Integrated Capture – Creation of Users, Assignments of Roles and Privileges, etc
- Oracle GoldenGate Integrated Capture Deployment Modes
- Integrated Replicat/Apply Architecture
- Integrated Replicat: How it works
- Integrated Delivery in Detail
Module 2: Oracle Goldengate With Oracle Real Application Clusters Configuration
- Oracle RAC, Oracle GoldenGate and Business Continuity
- Oracle GoldenGate Used in Combination with Oracle RAC
- Oracle GoldenGate and the Oracle Database File System (DBFS)
- Oracle DBFS and Oracle Clusterware
- Configuring Oracle GoldenGate using the DBFS file systems
Module 3: Oracle GoldenGate Event Marker System
- Starting, Suspending, Stopping Processes, Performing a Transformation, Reporting Statistics, and Capturing Lag History
- Invoking Stored Procedures When Specific Events Occur Using SQLEXEC
- Activating Tracing Following the Exceeding of a Data Threshold
- Running OS Shell Commands at the Occurrence of Specific Data-Driven Events
- Extracting Details Analysis of the TABLE, MAP, FILTER, WHERE and SQLEXEC Statements
- Implementing Event Marker Actions on the Extraction Side and on the Delivery Side of Replication
Module 4: Data Mapping, Data Selection/Filtering and Data Transformation
- TABLE (for Extract) and MAP (for Replicat) Options Which Allow for Data Selection
- COLMAP and COLMATCH Options
- Exploring Simple Filtering (Achieved Through the WHERE Clause) and Complex Filtering (Using the FILTER Clause)
- Data Transformation Functions: Enabling Concatenation, Substitution, Case Changing, Numeric Conversion and Date Co
- SQLEXEC Parameter to Invoke Stored Procedures or to Perform Native SQL Queries
Module 5: Custom Behavior Through User Exits
- The CUSEREXIT Parameter and its Options
- User Exit Mandatory Parameters: EXIT_CALL_TYPE, EXIT_CALL_RESULT and EXIT_PARAMS
- The EXIT_CALL_PROCESS_RECORD Function
- Oracle GoldenGate Callback Routines Invoked Through ERCALLBACK
- The usrdecs.h “C” Include File
- JMS and Flat File Using Oracle GoldenGate Application Adapters
- Connecting to the Java Subsystem Through the Java Native Interface (JNI)
Module 6: Configuring Zero-Downtime Migration Replication
- Zero-Downtime Migration Prerequisites
- Zero-Downtime Migration Topology
- Configuring Initial Setup and Required Steps
- Configuring Primary Extract, Data pump and Replicat for Fallback
- Simulating fallback
Module 7: Bidirectional Replication: Two-Node Configuration
- Bi-Directional Replication
- Data Conflict Types
- Getting Before Image Information from Source Database
- Using RESOLVECONFLICT
- Handling UPDATEROWEXISTS in Conjunction with USEDELTA, USEMAX, and IGNORE
- Exceptions MAP Statement
- Creating and Populating Exception and Discard Tables
Module 8: Conflict Detection and Resolution – Custom Techniques
- Workload Partitioning
- Geographic or Topic-Based Segmentation
- Primary Key Generation
- Custom Conflict Resolution Techniques: Quantitative Methods for Conflict Resolution and Data Convergence
- Automatic Conflict Resolution Based on Time stamp or Trusted Source
- Automatic Data Convergence of Numeric Values Based on Additive Value or Average Value
Module 9: Multi-Master Replication Topology – Three-Node Configuration
- Handling Multi-Master Configurations: Additional Limitations Compared to Active-Active
- Dealing with the Lack of Support for DDL Replication
- Data Convergence and Latency in a Multi-Master Topology
- Decreasing Complexity by Enabling Segmentation and Node-Based Partitioning in the Application
- Minimizing Data Conflict by Minimizing Latency
- Resolving Simple Conflicts Using RESOLVECONFLICT with USEMIN, USEMAX and USEDELTA
- Combining RESOLVECONFLICT with UPDATEROWEXISTS, INSERTROWEXISTS, DELETEROWEXISTS, UPDATERO
- Increasing Troubleshooting Information Captured in Error and Discard Tables Using Oracle GoldenGate Facilities
Module 10: Active Data Guard and Oracle GoldenGate. How to achieve Maximum Availability
- Data Guard Fast Start Fail Over (FSFO)
- Role Transition Complexity – Oracle GoldenGate to the Rescue
- Oracle Bundled Agent (XAG)
- Oracle Bundled Agent – The Key to Maximum Availability
Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Advanced Configuration for Oracle Ed 1 Course Prerequisites:
To ensure your success, Oracle recommends that attendees of this training meet the following prerequisites.
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
• Working knowledge of UNIX commands and shell scripting
• Working knowledge of data replication concepts, Oracle real-time Apply, and Oracle Streams terminology
• Experience with Oracle Database 11g RAC and GoldenGate 11gR2 or later, preferably Oracle GoldenGate 12c
• Working knowledge of installation, configuration, troubleshooting and tuning of Oracle GoldenGate 12c
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!