Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2 Course Overview:
The “Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2” course, spanning five days, is tailored for experienced Database Administrators, System Administrators, and Support Engineers. Participants learn installation, configuration, and management of Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g Release 2 and Automatic Storage Management in clustered environments. Key areas covered include disk management, high availability services, troubleshooting, monitoring, and performance tuning. The course is valuable for Oracle Cloud Administrators as well, offering practical skills in managing clustered setups effectively.
- IT Professionals, including:
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- System Administrators
- System Engineers
- Professionals responsible for installation, development, and management of Oracle Grid infrastructures
- Individuals with knowledge and experience in Oracle Database technologies
- Those seeking to understand key concepts and components of Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Clusterware installation, and ASM administration
- Attendees interested in gaining hands-on experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning within the Oracle Grid Infrastructure environment
- Professionals tasked with deploying, managing, and maintaining Oracle Grid Infrastructure, as well as applications dependent on it
- Individuals preparing for Oracle certification exams related to Grid Infrastructure and ASM.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2:
1. Understand and explain Oracle Clusterware components, features, and deployment options.
2. Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware.
3. Deploy and use SRVCTL for configuring and managing services.
4. Create and manage an Oracle Database 12c Release2 database in an Oracle Clusterware environment.
5. Configure and manage Oracle ASM including the ASM instance, storage disks, and the metadata.
6. Use Grid Plug and Play to rapidly deploy Oracle ASM and Clusterware.
7. Understand how Oracle Clusterware and ASM interoperate.
8. Understand the Oracle Clusterware architecture, distributed services, and resource management concepts.
9. Know how to upgrade, patch, and manage Oracle Clusterware and ASM.
10. Gain knowledge of performance tuning, Automated Storage Management best practices, and Security Underground policies.
Module 1: Grid Infrastructure Concepts
- What is a Cluster
- Grid Foundation Components
- Oracle Clusterware Architecture
- Oracle Clusterware Software and Storage
- Describe ASM Architecture
- Creating and Managing ASM Disk Groups
- Creating and Managing ASM Cluster Filesystems
- Job Role Separation
Module 2: Grid Infrastructure Installation and Configuration
- Hardware Requirements
- Network Requirements
- DNS and DHCP Configuration
- Grid Plug and Play Considerations
- Single Client Access Names
- Post installation tasks
Module 3: Administering Oracle Clusterware
- Managing Clusterware with Enterprise Manager
- Determining the Location of the Oracle Clusterware Configuration Files
- Backing Up and Recovering the Voting Disk
- Adding, Deleting, or Migrating Voting Disks
- Locating the OCR Automatic Backups
- Oracle Local Registry
- Migrating OCR Locations to ASM
- Managing Network Settings
Module 4: Managing Oracle Clusterware
- Prerequisite Steps for Extending a Cluster
- Using addNode.sh to Add a Node to a Cluster
- Rolling Patches, And Rolling Upgrades
- Comparing Software Versions With the Active Version
- Installing A Patchset With the OUI Utility
- Installing A Patch With The opatch Utility
Module 5: Oracle Clusterware High Availability
- Oracle Clusterware high availability components
- Contrasting policy-managed and administration managed databases
- Server pool functionality
- The Generic and Free Server Pools
- Application placement policies
- Application Virtual IPs
- Managing application resources
- High availability events
Module 6: Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
- Oracle Clusterware Log Files
- Gathering Log Files Using diagcollection.pl
- Resource Debugging
- Component-level Debugging
- Tracing For Java-based Tools
- Troubleshooting the Oracle Cluster Registry
Module 7: Administering ASM Instances
- ASM Initialization Parameters
- Adjusting ASM Instance Parameters in SPFILEs
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Using srvctl
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Using ASMCA and ASMCMD
- Starting and Stopping ASM Instances Containing Cluster Files
- Starting and Stopping the ASM Listener
Module 8: Administering ASM Disk Groups
- Creating And Deleting ASM Disk Groups
- ASM Disk Group Attributes
- ASM Disk Group Maintenance Tasks
- Preferred Read Failure Groups
- Viewing ASM Disk Statistics
- Performance And Scalability Considerations For ASM Disk Groups
Module 9: ASM Files, Directories, and Templates
- Using Different Client Tools to Access ASM Files
- Fully Qualified ASM File Name Format
- Creating and Managing ASM files, Directories and Aliases
- Managing Disk Group Templates
- Managing ASM ACL With Command Line Utilities
- Managing ASM ACL with Enterprise Manager
Module 10: Administering ASM Cluster File Systems
- ASM Dynamic Volume Manager
- Managing ASM Volumes
- Implementing ASM Cluster File System
- Managing ASM Cluster File System (ACFS)
- ACFS Snapshots
- Using Command Line Tools To Manage ACFS
Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2 Course Prerequisites:
No specific prerequisites are required for Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM Release 2 Training. However, having a working level of knowledge of essential concepts such as Oracle Database, UNIX basic commands and/or Linux commands is helpful.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!