Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2 Course Overview:
The Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2 certification validates an individual’s proficiency in administering Oracle’s NoSQL database, a scalable and distributed key-value database designed to handle high-velocity data. This certification confirms the ability to perform operations like create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) effectively. Industries utilize this database for data storage, high-speed querying, and scalable solutions while ensuring data consistency. The certification assesses skills in Database Installation and Configuration, Security, Node and Cluster Management, and Backup and Recovery Mechanisms. Its significance lies particularly in managing large datasets in sectors such as retail, telecommunications, finance, and e-commerce.
- Oracle database administrators looking to expand their expertise to include NoSQL databases.
- System administrators involved in managing database systems.
- IT professionals responsible for overseeing and maintaining databases.
- Individuals seeking to learn about Oracle NoSQL Database technology and its administration.
- Professionals interested in enhancing their database management skills with a focus on NoSQL databases.
- Anyone aiming to obtain the Oracle NoSQL Administrator certification and become proficient in administering Oracle NoSQL databases.
Learning Objectives of Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2:
The key learning objectives of the Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2 course are:
- Understanding Oracle NoSQL Database architecture, management, and application development.
- Designing, setting up, and managing an Oracle NoSQL Database effectively.
- Monitoring the performance of Oracle NoSQL Database and optimizing its efficiency.
- Troubleshooting potential issues that may arise in Oracle NoSQL Database.
- Implementing security features to ensure the security of the NoSQL Database.
- Utilizing Oracle NoSQL Database APIs to create tables, perform CRUD operations, and handle transactions proficiently.
By achieving these objectives, learners will be well-equipped to administer and manage Oracle NoSQL Database, making them proficient in designing and maintaining efficient and secure NoSQL databases for various applications.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Objectives
- Course Schedule
- Course Environment
- Accessing the Labs Directory
- Introducing Personas
- Course Supplement
- Additional Resources
Module 2: Oracle NoSQL Database: Overview
- Overview of Oracle NoSQL Database
- Key Features of Oracle NoSQL Database
- Benefits of Using Oracle NoSQL Database
- Supported Data Types
- How Does Oracle NoSQL Database Work?
- Components of Oracle NoSQL Database
- Partitions and Key-Value Pairs
- Performance and Throughput
Module 3: Planning An Installation
- KVStore Analysis: Tasks
- Understanding Storage Capacity and Throughput Capacity
- Using InitialCapacityPlanning Spreadsheet
- Application Requirements
- Hardware Requirements
- Performance Requirements: Estimating Workload, Throughput, and Cache Size
Module 4: Installing and Configuring Nodes
- Prerequisites Checklist
- Installation Steps
- Creating Directories
- Extracting Software
- Verifying the Installation
- Configuring the Replication Node
- Using the makebootconfig Utility
- Starting Storage Node Agents
Module 5: Configuring and Deploying A KVStore
- Configuration Steps
- Introducing Plans and States of a Plan
- Starting the Admin CLI
- Configuring KVStore
- Creating a Data Center/Zone
- Deploying an Admin Node
- Creating a Storage Pool
Module 6: Modifying a KVStore
- Reasons to Modify a Cluster
- Increasing a Cluster’s Capacity and Replication Factor
- Steps to Modify a Cluster
Module 7: Securing the Configuration
- Security Overview
- Performing a Secure Installation using makebootconfig
- Secure an Existing Installation using securityconfig
- Security.xml Parameters
- Encrypting Data
- Configuring Authentication
- Default Security Policies
- Security Guidelines
Module 8: Troubleshooting Oracle NoSQL Database Installation Issues
- Verifying a KVStore
- Verify Command
- Verification Using Admin Console
- Locating the Installed Files
- Understanding the Log File
- Service States
- HA Port Ranges
Module 9: Fixing Hardware Failures
- Hardware Failures: Overview
- Recovering from Network Failure
- Detecting Storage Device Failures
- Replacing a Failed Storage Device
- Detecting Server Failures
- Replacing a Failed Storage Node
- Migrating to the New Storage Node
Module 10: Setting Store Parameters
- Introducing KVStore Parameters
- List of Parameters
- Parameter Usage
- Viewing and Changing Parameters Using CLI and Admin Console
- Setting Replication Node Policy
Module 11: Optimizing KVStore Performance
- Best Practices for Optimizing Performance
- Setting JE Cache Size
- Setting Java Heap Size
- Log Garbage Collection Activity
Module 12: General Monitoring
- Monitoring the KVStore (include SNMP and JMX)
- Viewing Events Using Admin Console and CLI
- Using SNMP and JMX
Module 13: Backup and Recovery
- Backup Process
- Introducing Snapshots
- Using Snapshots for Recovery
- Recovery Using a Load Program
- Recovery Using Snapshots for Updating an Existing Deployment
Module 14: Managing AVRO Schema
- Introducing AVRO Schema
- Working with JSON Format
- Adding, Changing, Viewing, Disabling, and Enabling a Schema
Module 15: Upgrading the Software
- Upgrade Process: Overview
- Upgrading from R1 to R2
- Upgrading from R2 to R3
- Using a Script
Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators Ed 2 Course Prerequisites:
- A basic understanding of NoSQL Database technology.
- Familiarity with command line operations in Linux.
- Knowledge of Java programming.
- Experience with Oracle Database.
- Understanding of the JSON data model.
- Familiarity with administration tasks like backup, recovery, and upgrades.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!