Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1 Course Overview:
Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1 is an Oracle educational course designed to provide an in-depth look at the new features and capabilities of Oracle SOA Suite 12c. The course provides an understanding of the suite of products, allowing users to get hands-on experience with Oracle SOA Suite 12c by building, deploying, and configuring services. Students will learn about the various components of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, such as the Service Component Architecture (SCA), Service Data Objects (SDO), Service Bus (OSB), and more. The course also introduces several additional tools such as Composite Application Editor and Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Console.
The course helps students understand the benefits of using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and how it can help architects and administrators develop, deploy, and manage applications and services. The course provides details on how to monitor, configure, and optimize SOA Suite 12c services, as well as how to take advantage of features such as Service Virtualization, High Availability, and WebService Manager. Students will also learn how to troubleshoot and debug services and build complex integration flows.
All in all, Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1 provides a comprehensive, hands-on approach to mastering the newest version of Oracle SOA Suite. The course provides users with the skills they need to build and deploy services with Oracle SOA Suite 12c with confidence.
- Developers working in an Oracle SOA Suite 12c environment.
- Technical administrators responsible for managing and maintaining Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- Architects involved in designing and implementing solutions using Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- IT managers overseeing projects and teams working with Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- Participants with a good working knowledge of Oracle SOA Suite 11g, including Oracle BPEL, Mediator, Human Workflow, BPMN, and service-oriented architecture.
- Those who are new to Oracle SOA Suite 12c and want to learn about its new features and capabilities.
- Individuals seeking to gain insights into the basic concepts, technical overviews, and detailed descriptions of the new features and capabilities in Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
Learning Objectives of Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1:
1. Explain the Oracle SOA Suite 12c architecture and components.
2. Describe the differences between Oracle SOA Suite 11g and 12c.
3. Create services using components from Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
4. Implement enhanced security features in Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
5. Implement Composite Design Patterns, BPEL, Rules, Human Tasks in Oracle SOA Suite.
6. Create and deploy Oracle SOA applications to WebLogic Server.
7. Create and deploy applications using the Oracle Service Bus.
8. Monitor and manage Oracle SOA and BPEL process applications.
9. Implement Oracle Event Processing and ensure optimal performance.
10. Implement feedback, scheduling, high availability, and escalations.
Module 1: Overview
- Understanding the four themes of the 12c release
- Reviewing all of the changes and upgraded capabilities for developing SCA composite applications
- Becoming familiar with the scope of this course
Module 2: Quick Start for Developers
- Understanding and running the new Quick Start installer
- Starting the new JDeveloper 12c IDE
- Becoming familiar with Quick Start domain configuration options
- Installing both the Integrated WebLogic Server domain as well as the Stand-Alone domain
- Creating a new Application Server connection in JDeveloper
Module 3: Getting Familiar with 12c
- Describing the new features of the Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control
- Understanding the new Error Hospital
- Becoming familiar with the new security features of SOA partitions
- Understanding Work Manager groups for SOA partitions
- Managing Global Token variables for mulitiple SOA composite applications
- Migrating SOA 11g composites to 12c
Module 4: JDeveloper Changes
- Locating components in the Application Navigator project folders
- Viewing the detailed structure of the composite in the Structure window
- Configuring the Component Palette list and Icon views
- Creating TODO tasks to help organize development and design work
- Refactoring and renaming components and artifacts
- Managing shared design-time artifacts using the new file-based MDS Repository
- Exploring component and artifact dependencies with the new Dependency Explorer
Module 5: Testing and Debugging
- Debugging SOA composite applications with the new SOA debugger
- Setting breakpoints and launching the SOA debugger
- Creating test suites and test cases with the new Test Suite wizard in JDeveloper
- Running test suites and viewing results from within JDeveloper
- Viewing and modifying variable values within a debug session
- Specifying activity assertions within a BPEL process
Module 6: BPEL Editor New Features
- Editing BPEL activities in the Properties window
- Using the new Correlation wizard to create BPEL correlation sets
- Exploring additional capablities within the toolbar and BPEL designer settings
- Understanding the new Oracle Enterprise Scheduler Service (OESS)
- Adding an OESS Job Activity to a BPEL process
Module 7: Transformations
- Translating native format data within a Mediator routing rule
- Translating native format data using the new BPEL Translate activity
- Creating an nXSD schema using the Native Format Builder
- Using XQuery transformation mapping within a Mediator routing rule
- Creating XQuery transformations using the new BPEL XQuery Transform activity
Module 8: Protecting PII Data
- Encrypting and decrypting specific fields of messages within SCA composite applications
- Creating a Credential Store Framework (CSF) key
- Adding the policy credential to the WebLogic domain
Module 9: Fault Policy and Encryption/Decryption
- Reviewing the capabilities of the Fault Management Framework
- Creating a Fault Policy document with the new Fault Policy wizard
- Defining and configuring fault policy alerts
- Specifying Fault bindings with the new Fault Policy wizard
- Accessing a recoverable fault in the Fusion Middleware Control
Module 10: REST Binding Wizard
- Reviewing and understanding the format of REST services
- Comparing REST and SOAP
- Exposing SOA composite applications as RESTful services
- Adding a reference binding to a remote RESTful service
- Generating REST mapping XML schemas
- Using the REST binding wizard
Module 11: New Adapters & MFT
- Leveraging use cases involving the Managed File Transfer (MFT) adapter for transferring files
- Understanding the features of the new LDAP adapter
- Becoming familiar with Coherence and the new Coherence adapter
- Understanding the SOA Suite Cloud Adapter SDK and the Salesforce Cloud Adapter
Module 12: Templates & Subprocesses
- Creating and using SOA composite templates
- Creating and using component templates
- Creating and using BPEL scope activity templates
- Creating and using BPEL inline subprocesses
- Creating and using BPEL stand-alone subprocesses
- Managing templates
Module 13: Additional Enhancements
- Understanding additional Event Delivery Network (EDN) features
- Become familiar with BPEL business indicators and new built-in process analytics
- Editing custom business indicators for BPEL processes
- Configuring analytic sampling points for SOA composites and components
- Becoming familiar with the new out-of-the-box BAM dashboards for monitoring BPEL processes
Module 14: Appendix A: Oracle Enterprise Scheduler Service
- Describing the basic features and capabilities of OESS
- Installing the OESS product
- Configuring OESS jobs and related metadata
- Administering running and completed OESS jobs
- Creating Job Sets and Schedules
Oracle SOA Suite 12c: New Features and Capabilities Ed 1 Course Prerequisites:
1. Basic knowledge of Oracle SOA Suite 11g and BPEL
2. Working experience with JDeveloper 11g
3. Working experience with Oracle Database
4. Knowledge of how to build web services with Oracle SOA Suite 11g and JDeveloper 11g
5. Knowledge of SOA Suite security, deploying and configuring SOA applications and configuring SOA composites
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!