Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration Course Overview:
The Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration course offers a comprehensive upgrade to networking skills, covering fundamentals, system administration, and hands-on activities. Students grasp network components and their interactions, enabling them to configure LANs, manage services, enhance security, and perform system admin tasks in a Solaris 11 environment. Learners develop scripting and troubleshooting proficiency, monitor network performance, and gain value for network engineers, system admins, and IT professionals involved in network design, implementation, and support.
- IT professionals
- Network administrators
- System database administrators
- System administrators and architects
- System engineers
- Developers and database professionals
- Experienced users of Oracle Solaris 10 aiming to understand new features and migrate to Oracle Solaris 11
- Professionals seeking to develop skills in operating system and network installation, configuration, and administration of Oracle Solaris 11
- Individuals working in enterprise IT fields like cloud computing, data center management, and information security.
Learning Objectives of Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration:
This Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration Training program will teach participants to design, configure and manage the Oracle Solaris 11 Networking components.
Participants will learn how to install networking components and configure them to meet the organization’s requirements. They will also learn how to troubleshoot network issues and performance tune network components. Additionally, they will learn how to secure the network to prevent unauthorized access and data theft. By the end of this program, participants will have the skills to proactively maintain and monitor the Oracle Solaris 11 Networking environment.
Module 1: Networking Fundamentals
- Introduction to the TCP/IP Model
- LAN and its Components
- Network Stack
- Networking Features in Oracle Solaris 11
Module 2: Configuring a Virtual Network
- Profile-based Network Configuration
- Overview of a Physical Network
- Overview of VLAN
- Internal Virtual Network
- Private Virtual Network
Module 3: Configuring High Availability
- High Availabilit
- IPMP for IP failover
- Link Aggregations
- Integrated Load Balancer
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
Module 4: Configuring Services
- Domain Name System
- Light Weight Directory Access Protocol
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- CIFS SMB
Module 5: Managing Network Resources
- Network Resource Management
- Network Resources for Optimum Utilization
- Monitor Network Traffic
Module 6: Securing the Network
- Details are not available.
Module 7: Troubleshooting Networking Issues
- Diagnostic Tools
- DTrace Network Providers
Module 8: Information Exchange Mechanisms
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- Data Center Bridging
- Edge Virtual Bridging
Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration Course Prerequisites:
The Oracle Solaris 11 Network Administration Training course has the following prerequisites:
• Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the Oracle Solaris Operating System.
• Fundamental understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, and DHCP.
• Experience using a text editor, such as vi.
• Ability to create, modify, and tune basic system parameters.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!