PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2 Course Overview:
PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2 certification offers a comprehensive understanding of managing and tracking employee time in PeopleSoft. It focuses on the technical aspects of time and labor rules, covering their application, interpretation, and troubleshooting within the system. The certification is valuable for professionals working with PeopleSoft, enhancing their skills in workforce management systems. It ensures accurate time tracking, efficient payroll processing, and compliance with labor regulations, making it beneficial for HR, finance, and other industries relying on PeopleSoft for time management.
• IT professionals who handle HR software implementation
• PeopleSoft administrators
• HR system analysts
• Functional implementers focusing on PeopleSoft HR systems
• PeopleSoft system developers
• HR and IT consultants specializing in PeopleSoft software
Learning Objectives of PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2:
The learning objectives of the PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2 course include:
- Understanding PeopleSoft Time and Labor: Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the rule-based system in PeopleSoft Time and Labor.
- Setting up and Maintaining Rules: Learners will learn how to set up and maintain rules in PeopleSoft Time and Labor for various labor scenarios.
- Applying Rules for Time Reporting: The course will teach participants how to apply rules in the program to facilitate efficient time reporting.
- Managing Exceptions: Participants will acquire practical skills in managing and resolving exceptions using technical rules.
- Creating and Testing Labor Rules: Students will develop proficiency in creating and testing labor rules and algorithms.
- Improving Time Management: The course will focus on the importance of labor rules in improving time management processes.
- Ensuring Payroll Accuracy: Participants will understand how labor rules contribute to payroll accuracy.
- Compliance with Labor Laws: Learners will learn how to use labor rules to ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Problem-Solving Skills: The class will promote the development of problem-solving skills related to Time and Labor issues.
Module 1 – Setting Up PeopleSoft Time and Labor
- Listing Prerequisites for Setting Up Time and Labor
- Establishing Time and Labor Setup Tables
- Creating, Building, and Viewing Calendars
- Setting Up Workgroups and Taskgroups
- Setting Up Time and Labor Security
- Setting Up Schedules
Module 2 – Using Referential Integrity and Validation
- Describing the Role of Referential Integrity
- Listing the Referential Integrity Triggers
- Listing the Situations in Which Time Validation Is Run
- Defining Validation Criteria
Module 3 – Understanding Time Administration
- Outlining the Time Administration Batch Process
- Describing the Application Engine Components of Time Administration
- Running Time Administration and Viewing the Results
Module 4 – Using Rules and Rule Templates
- Describing the Four Methods for Creating Rules
- Identifying the Delivered Rule Templates
- Creating Rules Using Delivered Rule Templates
- Prioritizing Rules and Creating Rule Programs
- Creating Override Rules
Module 5 – Modifying an Existing Rule
- Defining Rule Objects
- Describing Working Tables
- Creating a Template-Built Rule
- Describing the Steps to Modify an Existing Rule
- Copying, Modifying, and Creating SQL Objects
- Creating, Compiling, and Saving Rules
- Adding Rules to Rule Programs
- Attaching Rule Programs to Workgroups
Module 6 – Creating Rules Using Online Tools
- Describing the Basic Elements that Comprise a Rule
- Creating and Combining Actions and Conditions to Develop Rules
- Using SQL Objects to Create a Rule
- Creating Relationship Definitions
Module 7 – Using Application Engine and User Exits
- Identifying the Features of AE
- Analyzing an AE Program
- Creating New AE Program Objects
- Viewing and Adjusting AE Program Properties
- Developing User Exit Rules Directly in the Rules Application Library
Module 8 – Using Time Reporting Codes
- Defining Time Reporting Codes
- Establishing TRCs
Module 9 – Troubleshooting
- Configuring Time Administration Options
- Viewing the Application Engine Message Log
- Setting Up and Viewing an Application Engine Trace File
- Running Delivered Time and Labor Public Queries
- Managing Temporary Tables
- Identifying Tips to Troubleshoot Common Problems
PeopleSoft Time & Labor Technical Rules Ed 2 Course Prerequisites:
• Basic understanding of PeopleSoft architecture.
• Prior familiarity with PeopleSoft HRMS application.
• Knowledge of Time & Labor modules.
• Experience in creating and maintaining PeopleSoft rules and templates.
• Proficiency in PeopleCode programming.
• Understanding of SQL and relational database concepts.
• Knowledge of integration technologies like Component Interface, Integration Broker.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!