R12.2 Implement Oracle Workflow
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
R12.2 Implement Oracle Workflow Course Overview:
The Oracle R12.2 Implement Oracle Workflow course equips participants with the knowledge and skills to implement Oracle Workflow effectively. They will learn about the components of an Oracle Workflow system, how to set up and maintain it, and create and run workflows. Participants will also gain expertise in monitoring, troubleshooting, and integrating Oracle Workflow with other Oracle applications. Additionally, they will explore how to utilize workflow notifications for integration with third-party applications and implement best practices for workflow design.
- Individuals with a Basic Understanding of Oracle R12.2: Those who already have some familiarity with Oracle R12.2 and want to deepen their knowledge specifically in the area of workflows.
- Application Developers: Developers who need to work with and customize workflow processes within Oracle R12.2.
- System Administrators: IT professionals responsible for setting up and managing workflow processes in the Oracle R12.2 environment.
- Business Analysts: Professionals involved in analyzing business processes and requirements, and need to understand how workflows can be designed and implemented to streamline business processes.
- Anyone Interested in Understanding Oracle Workflow Fundamentals: This training is suitable for individuals who want to gain a comprehensive overview of Oracle Workflow tools and capabilities, even if they do not have a technical background.
Learning Objectives of R12.2 Implement Oracle Workflow:
1. Understand concepts and architecture of Oracle Workflow
2. Learn how to create, deploy, and customize workflows
3. Design and deploy events, activities, and notification systems, including advanced topics such as mailer runtime and email templates
4. Learn how to troubleshoot and debug workflow processes
5. Create custom functions and lookup types
6. Develop the skills and understanding necessary to manage Oracle Workflow
7. Integrate Oracle Workflow with other Oracle applications such as SCM, HR, and Financials
8. Understand the security implications of using Oracle Workflow
9. Develop the skills necessary to analyze and design a workflow
10. Learn how to write and manage data within workflows and Oracle Workflow Manager
Module 1: Workflow Processes
- Planning a Workflow Process
- Diagramming a Workflow Process
- Defining Item Type Attributes and Lookup Types
- Defining Messages and Notification Activities
- Defining Function Activities
- Post-Notification Functions
- Defining Event Activities
Module 2: Monitoring Workflow Processes
- Testing Workflow Processes
- Reviewing the Status of Workflow Processes
- Specialized Workflow Monitoring
Module 3: Workflow Notifications
- Viewing and Responding to Notifications
- Worklist Flexfields
Module 4: Oracle Workflow Directory Service
- Predefined Directory Service
- Directory Service Views
- Local Directory Service Tables
- Ad Hoc Users and Roles
- Loading Roles
Module 5: Defining Business Event System Processing
- Business Events
- Event Subscriptions
- Systems and Agents
Module 6: Workflow Engine
- Forced Synchronous Processing
- Master/Detail Coordination Activities
Module 7: Oracle Workflow APIs
- Workflow Process APIs
- Business Event System APIs
- PL/SQL Documents
- Selector/Callback Functions
Module 8: Workflow Administration
- Setting Up Oracle Workflow
- Workflow Loaders
- Error Handling
- Managing Service Components
- Managing System Status and Throughput
Module 9: Customizing Workflow Processes
- Access Protection
- Access Level
- Preserving Customizations
R12.2 Implement Oracle Workflow Course Prerequisites:
Prerequisites for this training include a basic knowledge of Oracle 11i applications, SQL and PL/SQL, challenges of integrating applications, and some knowledge of Oracle Workflow. It also requires a basic understanding of business processes and have an interest / experience in designing business processes. It is strongly recommended that you have successfully completed the R12.1 Oracle Applications Fundamentals course or have equivalent knowledge.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!