R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals
Duration : 4 Days (32 Hours)
R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals Course Overview:
The R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals course is designed to equip users with the knowledge and skills to effectively utilize Oracle’s E-Business Suite Asset Management module. It covers topics such as setting up the module, creating asset books, tagging and depreciating assets, and generating asset and status reports. The course aims to enhance users’ understanding of the module and boost productivity in managing Oracle’s asset data. It is suitable for both new users requiring setup guidance and experienced users seeking to upgrade their asset management skills.
- Individuals with some familiarity with finance operations and/or enterprise asset management concepts, seeking to understand the Oracle R12.2 system.
- Finance operations staff.
- Asset managers.
- System administrators.
- IT professionals.
- Asset custodians.
- IT security professionals.
- Financial report preparers.
Learning Objectives of R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals:
1. Understand the basic concepts of Oracle Asset Management in R12.2, such as Assets, Books, Primary Cost, Depreciation and Financing.
2. Learn how to define and set up an asset, such as classification codes and asset categories.
3. Understand how to utilize the asset information in life cycles, from preparation and management, to retirement and disposal.
4. Create books for management, investigate asset cost variances, and understand the different methods of depreciation.
5. Setup special setups for depreciation; transfer assets between books and records; and setting up Asset Key Flexfields.
6. Determine how to track and monitor fixed assets within the system; recognize, define, and track all the costs that an asset incurs, and explore the different types of financing available for assets.
7. Get knowledge of defining and setting up Mass Additions and Assets Revaluations; analyzing capitalization; tracking asset movement; and understanding asset information reporting.
8. Analyze capital appropriations; setup Asset Balancing Segment parameters; create and view asset reports; understand common asset management transactions; and learning how to retire assets.
Module 1: Overview of Oracle Asset Management
Module 2: Asset Controls Setup
Module 3: Asset Books
Module 4: Asset Categories
- Asset Categories Regions
- Asset Categories Setup
Module 5: Manual Asset Additions
- Asset Life Cycle
- Adding Assets Manually
- Detailed Asset Additions
- Asset Cost Terminology
- Accumulated Depreciation Considerations
- Manual Asset Additions Journal Entries
- Group Depreciation
- Set Up Group Assets
Module 6: Mass Asset Additions
- Mass Asset Additions Process
- Using the Mass Additions Interface Table
- Tracking Expensed Items in Oracle Assets
- Changing Asset Information
- Accounting for Cost Adjustments
- Purge Mass Additions
- Creating Assets Using Web ADI
Module 7: CIP Asset Additions
- Adding and Capitalizing a CIP Asset
- Acquire and Build CIP Assets
- Automatically Adding CIP Assets to Tax Books
- Modifying the Cost of CIP Assets
- Recording a CIP Asset Addition
- Capitalizing a CIP Asset
- Reversing a Capitalized Asset
- CIP Assets and Oracle Projects
Module 8: Asset Adjustments and Maintenance
- Single Asset Reclassification
- Mass Reclassification
- Inheriting Depreciation Rules
- Choosing to Expense or Amortize Depreciation Adjustments
- Amortizing Adjustments Using a Retroactive Start Date
- Asset Revaluation
- Performing Physical Inventory
- Physical Inventory Reconciliation
Module 9: Depreciation
- Elements of Depreciation
- Depreciation Setup Areas
- Basic Depreciation Calculation
- Depreciation Methods
- Entering Production Information
- Prorate Conventions
- Run Depreciation Process
- Depreciation Forecasts
Module 10: Asset Retirements
- Tracking Asset Retirements
- Overview of Retiring an Asset
- Restrictions on Retirements and Reinstatements
- Reinstating Retired Assets
- Retirement Processing Flow
- Recording Retirements
- Retirement Reports
- Calculating Gains and Losses
Module 11: Asset Accounting
- Setting Up Asset Accountin
- Oracle Subledger Accounting
- Assets Journal Entries Flow
- Reconciling Data in Oracle Assets
- Generating Reports to Reconcile to the General Ledger
- Reconciling Asset Cost Accounts
- Reconciling Mass Additions
Module 12: Asset Inquiry and Reporting
- Viewing Asset Information Online
- Types of Asset Inquiries
- Asset Inquiry Options
- iAssets Search for Assets
- iAssets Setup Steps
- iAssets Setup Steps-Rules
- iAssets Setup Steps-Profile Options
- Oracle Assets Reporting
Module 13: Tax Accounting
- Creating a Tax Book
- Prerequisites for Setting Up Tax Book Asset Categories
- Entering Information in Tax Books
- Updating a Tax Book Manually
- Tax Book Upload Interface
- Deferred Depreciation
- Adjusting Accumulated Depreciation
- General Tax Reports
R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, prior knowledge in the areas of asset management and accounting will be beneficial.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!