R12.2 Oracle Financial Functional Foundation
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
R12.2 Oracle Financial Functional Foundation Course Overview:
The R12.2 Oracle Financial Functional Foundation course is an instructor-led program offering an overview of financial management in an Oracle E-Business Suite environment. It covers General Ledger (GL), Receivables (AR), Payables (AP), Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA), and Cash Management (CM) fundamentals. The course aims to provide a practical understanding of setup and transactional processes for Oracle E-Business Suite Financials. Topics include Introduction to Oracle Financials, setting up GL, SLA, AR, AP, and CM. Participants gain hands-on experience through exercises, enhancing their ability to navigate the system and perform efficient processing within their roles. After completing the course, participants should be confident in applying their knowledge in the Oracle Financials system.
- Middle and senior-level professionals with experience in managing financial operations.
- Financial managers, financial analysts, accountants, and controllers in organizations using Oracle Financials Suite.
- Professionals in the auditing and consulting industry who need to understand and audit Oracle Financial implementations.
- Finance executives and IT professionals seeking to upskill their knowledge of Oracle Financials.
- Individuals interested in Oracle Financials Suite certification examinations.
Learning Objectives of R12.2 Oracle Financial Functional Foundation:
1. Understand the Foundations of the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Financials.
2. Configure and maintain Oracle Applications Data access security.
3. Describe the general ledger structure and set up.
4. Understand the subledger accounting feature.
5. Analyze various accounting processes.
6. Set up currencies, create accounting definitions and flex fields.
7. Learn the new features of Release 12.2.
8. Create and Use Account Generator rules.
9. Utilize the Oracle Applications Technology framework.
10. Create and maintain sub ledger journal entries.
11. Create and maintain Cash Management or Bank Account Structure.
12. Configure Accounts Receivable module.
13. Configure Accounts Payable module.
14. Create and maintain Payables and Accounting period.
15. Use Treasury module to improvise working capital.
16. Describe Fixed Assets module and set up in Oracle Financials.
17. Understand and utilize the other financial modules.
Module 1: Course Overview
- Describing the Oracle Financials Applications
- Identifying the Primary Business Functions for each Application
- Explaining Multi-Org Architecture
- Explaining the use of Reporting Currencies
Module 2: ERDs and Applications Technology
- Understanding ERDs
- Understanding the Key Technology Components of the E-Business Suite
- Using Key E-Business Suite Tools
Module 3: Oracle General Ledger
- Describing the Major Business Functions of Oracle General Ledger
- Evaluating the Ledger ERD
- Discussing Journal Entry Tables and Columns
- Exploring the Budget ERD and Tables
- Examining the Ledger Relationship ERD
- Explaining Daily Rates and Related Tables
- Describing Journal Import
Module 4: Oracle Inventory
- Explaining the Inventory Process
- Discussing Inventory Transaction Activities
- Identifying Major Inventory Tables
- Discussing Open Interfaces for Inventory
Module 5: Oracle Subledger Accounting and Oracle E-Business Tax
- Subledger Accounting Business Benefits
- Key Concepts of Subledger Accounting
- Major Features of Subledger Accounting
- Subledger Accounting Setup and Process
- Oracle E-Business Tax (eBTax) Description
- Business Needs that eBTax Meets
- eBTax Key Concepts, Architecture, Process Flow
- eBTax User Interface
Module 6: Oracle Trading Community Architecture
- Describing Customer Functionality in TCA
- Describing TCA ERDs
Module 7: Oracle Purchasing
- Discussing Purchasing from Requisition to Receipt of Goods
- Identifying Major Purchasing and Receiving Tables
- Discussing Open Interfaces for Purchasing
Module 8: Oracle Payables
- Reviewing Oracle Payables Major Features
- Explaining Oracle Payables ERDs and Related Tables
- Explaining Oracle Payments Related Tables for Oracle Payables
- Describing Payables Open Interfaces
- Exploring iSupplier Portal
Module 9: Oracle Assets
- Describing Assets ERDs
- Distinguishing Major Tables by Business Function
- Identifying Major Columns in Major Tables
- Discussing Assets Open Interfaces and APIs
Module 10: Oracle Order Management
- Describing Order Management Process Flow
- Discussing Order Management Open Interfaces and APIs
Module 11: Oracle Receivables
- Describing Receivables Process Flow
- Explaining Oracle Payments Related Tables for Oracle Receivables
- Describing Receivables ERDs
- Distinguishing Major Tables by Business Function
- Reviewing Receivables Open Interfaces and APIs
- Describing Oracle iReceivables
Module 12: Open Interfaces
- Explaining Benefits of Using Open Interfaces
- Describing Oracle Open Interfaces Model
- Managing Open Interface Processing
Module 13: E-Business Suite Navigation
- Describing Oracle E-Business Suite Navigation
R12.2 Oracle Financial Functional Foundation Course Prerequisites:
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of the Oracle E-Business Suite
• Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
• Knowledge of financial management processes
• Understanding of the components of the Oracle E-Business Suite
• Practical experience with basic ERP functionality
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!