R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals R12.2 course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of how the Oracle general ledger system functions. It offers an overview of how the system supports accounting and financial reporting processes and its integration with other Oracle applications.
Throughout the course, students will learn how to use the graphical user interface to configure and customize the Oracle General Ledger system according to their organization’s specific needs. They will gain hands-on experience in setting up and managing ledgers, entering manual and online journals, performing periodic account balance calculations, and generating reports.
The course covers essential setup procedures, including chart of accounts, security rules, and accounting period setup. Students will acquire vital accounting and business knowledge, making them proficient in using the Oracle General Ledger system effectively.
The target audience for R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals training includes business analysts, finance professionals, and operations personnel who are involved in the management of a company’s general ledger
The courses provide participants with skills to setup and maintain a dynamic, integrated, and compliant general ledger environment
The training is best suited for those who have previously worked with some enterprise resource planning (ERP) and/or general ledger systems.
Its target participants will include operational and finance personnel who are new to the Oracle E-Business Suite, as well as those looking to upgrade their current system
The course is designed to give those who have the minimum or no prior experience with Oracle and the E-Business Suite an understanding of the basics
Unlike other accounting and general ledger management training, this course is designed to specifically address the nuances of Oracle’s R12.2 implementation
Learning Objectives of R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals:
1. Understand the system architecture of the R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management product suite.
2. Build and maintain chart of accounts, balancing segment and accounting context setups.
3. Configure daily periodic and year-end processing activities.
4. Manage ledgers and prepare account analysis statements.
5. Create adjusting entries, set foreign currency exchange and create statutory accounts.
6. Create consolidation and allocations, use budgeting and set up reporting currencies.
7. Review and troubleshoot Internal and external reconciliations.
8. Create custom reports, recognize security rules, use MassAllocations, close periods.
9. Review closed periods for accuracy, define open periods for daily processing and use standard reports for audits.
10. Utilize new functionality such as ledger sets and Visual Analyzer for reporting.
Module 1: Oracle General Ledger Process
- Understanding the General Ledger Functions and Features
- Analyzing the General Ledger Accounting Cycle
- Reviewing General Ledger Integration Points
- Generating Standard Reports and Listings
Module 2: Ledger – Part 1
- Describing the Elements Required to Define Ledgers
- Identifying Attributes, Options and Settings to Define the Accounting Flexfield
- DefininIdentify the attributes, options and settings required to define the Accounting Flexfield
- Define an Accounting Calendar
- Enable Predefined Currencies
- Create Accounting Setuos
- Explain Reporting Currencies
- Define Accounting Options
Module 3: Ledger – Part 2
- Describe Segment Value Inheritance
- Define Flexfield and Cross Validation Security Rules
- Define Shorthand Aliases
- Utilize the Account Hierarchy Manager
Module 4: Advanced Security
- Describe Data Access Set Security
- Describe Management Reporting and Security
Module 5: Basic Journal Entries
- Describe How Journal Entries are Positioned in the Accounting Cycle
- Identify the Types of Journal Entries
- Create Manual Journal Entries
- Post Journal Entries using Various Posting Options
- Perform Account Inquiries
- Identify the Key Elements of Web Applications Desktop Integrator (Web ADI)
- Run the Create Accounting Program
- Describe Importing Journal Entries
Module 6: Summary Accounts
- Discuss Summary Accounts and How They are used in General Ledger
- Define Rollup Groups for Summary Account Creation
- Assign Parent Values to Rollup Groups
- Determine the number of Summary Accounts Created by a Template using a Specific Formula
- Enter Summary Account Templates to Create Summary Accounts
- Maintain Summary Accounts
- Discuss Key Implementation Considerations in Planning Summary Accounts
Module 7: Advanced Journal Entries
- Describe Advanced Journal Entries
- Identify the Key Issues and Considerations when Implementing the Advanced Journal Entry functions of Oracle General Led
- Explain the Business Benefits Derived from utilizing Oracle General Ledger’s Advanced Journal Entries Functions
Module 8: Financial Budgeting
- Understanding Anatomy of a Budget
- Completing the Budget Accounting Cycle
- Discussing Budget Entry Methods
- Uploading Budget Amounts
- Transferring Budget Amounts
- Freezing and Unfreezing Budget Amounts
Module 9: Multi-Currency
- Defining Foreign Currencies
- Entering Foreign Currency Journals
- Revaluing Foreign Currency Balances
- Translating Balances Into Foreign Currency
Module 10: Consolidations
- Identifying Consolidations Across the General Ledger Business Process
- Understanding Key Implementation Issues Across Consolidations
- Understanding the Global Consolidation System
- Defining the Elements of the Consolidation Workbench
Module 11: Period Close
- Understanding the Accounting Cycle Understanding Steps in the Close Process
- Understanding Steps in the Close Process
- Performing Journal Import of Sub-ledger Balances
- Generating Revaluation
- Understanding the Closing Period
- Consolidating Account Balances
Module 12: Financial Reporting
- Identifying Financial Reporting Across the General Ledger Business Process
- Understanding Basic Report Building Concepts
- Understanding the Financial Statement Generator
- Generating Financial Reports using the Standard Request Submission Form
R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
This Oracle R12.2 Oracle General Ledger Management Fundamentals training course develops students’ expertise and understanding of the features, functions and setup of Oracle General Ledger. It is ideal for any implementations or upgrades to Oracle R12.2 and provides a sound foundation for anyone needing to administer Oracle General Ledger.
Prior knowledge of the Oracle ERP is essential to benefit from this course. It is beneficial to have knowledge of basic financial systems and the management of general ledgers. It is recommended that attendees have attended Introduction to Oracle R12 Financials and at least one of the following courses: Oracle R12 Accounts Payable Setups & Features, Oracle R12 Accounts Receivable Setups & Features, or Oracle R12 Cash Management Setups & Features.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!