R12.x Extend Oracle Applications: Building OA Framework Applications
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
R12.x Extend Oracle Applications: Building OA Framework Applications Course Overview:
Oracle Applications Framework (OAF) is a development environment used for creating user interfaces in web-based applications, based on the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern. This course enables participants to understand the architecture of the design pattern and use it to build their own applications.
The course covers key concepts related to OA Framework development, such as creating and customizing graphical user interfaces (GUI) and integrating business logic into them. Participants will also explore customizing lists, forms, and detail regions, accessing and using the Personalization framework, and building applications using Web services and JHeadstart.
- Functional consultants
- Application designers
- System administrators
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Participants interested in exploring OA Framework architecture
- Individuals seeking to customize and extend Oracle E-business Suite applications.
Learning Objectives of R12.x Extend Oracle Applications: Building OA Framework Applications:
1. Gain an understanding of the components and architecture of Oracle Applications, as well as the development basics used with Oracle Application Framework.
2. Learn how to perform basic setup and initialization tasks, create metadata documents and Service Calls, create OA Extension Classes and implement Business Events and entity objects.
3. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the OA Framework model-view-controller architecture, and learn how to construct and use pages, regions, flex fields, and message dictionaries, among other topics.
4. Understand the object-oriented features of OA Framework, as well as how to create Entity Objects, create Entity Associations and Entity Attributes, utilize Entity Objects, and execute Server-side validations.
5. Understand the basics of customization and integration, and develop the skills required to package, deploy, and debug ADF applications.
Module 1: Introduction to OA Framework
- Important Terminology
- Foundation Knowledge
- Additional Resources
Module 2: Concepts of the MVC Design Pattern
- JSPs and OA Framework
- Concepts of the Model
- Concepts of the View
- Concepts of the Controller
Module 3: Basics of the Model
- BC4J Model
- Applications Modules
- Entity Objects
- View Objects
- Other BC4J Objects
- BC4J Database Interactions
Module 4: Basics of the View
- View-layer Components
- Workspaces and Projects
- Pages and Regions
- CSS Styles
- Attributes Sets
Module 5: Basics of the Controller
- Handling GET
- Handling POSTs
- Common Controller tasks
Module 6: Setting Up Your Development Environment
Module 7: OA Framework State Management
Module 8: Introduction to JDeveloper 10g with OA Extension
Module 9: Implementing a Query Page and Drill Down Page
Module 10: Implementing a Query Page and Drill Down Page
Module 11: Implementing a Delete Page
Module 12: Implementing an Update Page
Module 13: OA Framework Development Concepts and Standards
Module 14: Deploying OA Framework Applications
- Guided Demo – Deploying Personalizations
- Guided Demo – Deploying Extensions
R12.x Extend Oracle Applications: Building OA Framework Applications Course Prerequisites:
1. Familiarity with building web-based applications using the Oracle E-Business Suite architecture
3. Knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports
4. Knowledge of XML
5. Previous experience with SQL and PL/SQL
6. Familiarity with OA Framework concepts and architecture
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!