R12.x Oracle E-Business Suite Essentials for Implementers
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
R12.x Oracle E-Business Suite Essentials for Implementers Course Overview:
The R12.x Oracle E-Business Suite Essentials for Implementers is a comprehensive instructor-led course that equips participants with the necessary skills to install, configure, support, and troubleshoot various components of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.x. Intended for individuals engaged in all stages of an E-Business Suite environment, the course covers the complete technology stack, encompassing the database, Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle E-Business Suite, web applications, and Oracle Applications Framework. By course completion, participants will possess a holistic understanding of the components and their interactions, enabling them to effectively deploy and manage an E-Business Suite Release 12.x environment. The course incorporates lectures and hands-on exercises to provide practical experience in managing the infrastructure, including topics like Server Manager, Fusion Middleware Control, maintenance, backup, recovery, and performance tuning.
- Users seeking to implement and manage Oracle E-Business Suite applications
- IT professionals with prior knowledge and experience in Oracle Applications and system administration tasks
- Participants with a basic understanding of Oracle Database, Oracle Applications Framework, Java, and related programming languages
- Upper-level managers with a good understanding of business processes, looking to understand the context of implementing Oracle E-Business Suite
- Developers and technical leads involved in implementing the system, requiring specialized instruction on E-Business Suite functionality and features.
Learning Objectives of R12.x Oracle E-Business Suite Essentials for Implementers:
1. Understand the Oracle E-Business Suite architecture and the components that make up the application.
2. Learn to navigate and personalize Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
3. Learn to integrate Oracle E-Business Suite applications with external systems.
4. Learn to use Oracle Workflow and run reports in Oracle E-Business Suite.
5. Understand the various implementation options for Oracle E-Business Suite applications and the different benefits associated with each option.
6. Understand the data model for and how to develop custom forms and reports.
7. Understand the various security features in Oracle E-Business Suite and how to implement them.
8. Utilize the powerful maintenance and diagnostic tools available in Oracle E-Business Suite.
9. Understand the application setup and configuration process and best practices.
10. Understand the open interfaces and API’s of Oracle E-Business Suite applications and how to use them in custom development.
Module 1: R12.1 Oracle E-Business Essentials for Implementers: Overview
- Course purpose
- More help about documentation and other resources
- OU courses
Module 2: Navigating in R12.1 Oracle Applications
- Logging into and logging off from Oracle Applications
- Accessing Responsibilities
- Using forms & menus
- Data Flow Across Oracle Applications
- Entering data using forms
- Retrieving, Editing and Deleting records
- Accessing Online Help
- Running reports and programs
Module 3: Introduction to R12.1 Oracle Applications
- Introduction to R12.1 Footprint
- Benefits of R12.1 Footprint
- R12.1 E-Business Suite Architecture
- Basic Technical Architecture
- Overview of Oracle file system and directories
- Brief Overview/Introduction about Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway
Module 4: Fundamentals of System Administratio
- Application Security Overview
- Function Security
- Data Security
- Profile Options
- Standard request submission (SRS)
Module 5: Fundamentals of Flexfields
- Basics of Flexfields
- Define Value sets
- Define Key Flexfields
- Define Descriptive Flexfields
- Planning Decisions
- Flexfield Enhancements
Module 6: Shared Entities and Integration
- Shared entities and non-key shared entities
- Overview of E-Business Suite business flows and integration
Module 7: Fundamentals of Multiple-Organization and Multiple-Organization Access Control (MOAC)
- Introduction to Multiple-Organization and Multiple- Organization Access control (MOAC)
- Types of organizations supported in the Multi-Org model
- Multiple-Organization Access Control Setup and Process
- Reporting across entities
- Key Implementation considerations
Module 8: Fundamentals of Oracle Workflow & Alerts
- Overview of Workflow
- Oracle Workflow Home Pages
- Worklist WebPages
- Workflow Monitor WebPages
- Overview of Alerts
- Difference between Workflow & Alerts
Module 9: Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Applications: Overview
- Oracle BI Applications: Overview
- Oracle BI Applications: Multisource Analytics
- Application Integration: Security
- Application Integration: Action Links
- Guided Navigation
- Deployment Options
R12.x Oracle E-Business Suite Essentials for Implementers Course Prerequisites:
No specific prerequisites are required for this training, however it is recommended to have a working knowledge of the following:
• Oracle Database
• SQL queries and PL/SQL programming
• Business Analysis
• Proven success in a technical/IT support role preferable with Oracle Applications
• Familiarity with core Oracle Applications modules (Financials, Order Management, Inventory, Purchasing, etc.)
• Knowledge of operating systems and web servers (Unix, Windows, etc.)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!