R12.x Oracle HRMS Work Structure Fundamentals
Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
R12.x Oracle HRMS Work Structure Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Oracle HRMS Work Structure Fundamentals course offers a comprehensive exploration of Oracle’s HRMS Work Structure tools and functionality within the R12.x/12.2 Oracle HRMS suite. Participants will gain in-depth knowledge of foundational concepts, processes, navigation, and interaction of Work Structure components with HRMS forms and processes. By course completion, users will confidently create, manage, and leverage an Oracle HRMS Work Structure environment. This course is tailored for enterprise users seeking a comprehensive grasp of Work Structure components and their integration within the Oracle HRMS suite.
- Human Resources (HR) Professionals
- Business Analysts
- System Administrators
Learning Objectives of R12.x Oracle HRMS Work Structure Fundamentals:
1. Understand the organization structures used in Oracle HRMS, such as Work Structures, Flexfields, and Descriptive Flexfields.
2. Identify the various types of Work Structures: Enterprise, Establishment, Location, Position and Work Relationship.
3. Define Enterprise, Establishment and Location Structures in Oracle HRMS.
4. Understand how to set up a Position in Oracle HRMS.
5. Learn how to assign workers to Positions and locations in Oracle HRMS.
6. Identify how to enable the Multi-Organization Access feature in Oracle HRMS.
7. Describe how to assign workers to specific cost centers in Oracle HRMS.
8. Understand how to define effective dates and include associated descriptions in Oracle HRMS.
9. Learn how to use the Manage Organization window in Oracle HRMS.
10. Gather an understanding of how to define custom jobs, positions and grades in Oracle HRMS.
Module 1: Overview of Enterprise Work Structures
- Explaining the Oracle HRMS information model
- Indicating the typical types of enterprise
Module 2: Understanding Work Structure Components 1
- Providing an overview of work structures
- Explaining how to represent the employer using work structures
- Explaining business groups and emphasize that they represent legislations in Oracle HRMS
Module 3: Understanding Work Structure Components 2
- Discussing locations, organizations, jobs, and positions
Module 4: Understanding Work Structure Components 3
- Discussing grades, people groups, unions, and representative groups
Module 5: Setting up Enterprise Work Structures
- Defining Key Flexfields
- Explaining key flexfields in Oracle HRMS
- Identifying the standard features of key flexfields
- Discussing the points to consider while creating key flexfields
Module 6: Creating a Business Group
- Representing your enterprise
- Discussing the business group and the option of having single and multiple business groups
- Sharing information across business groups
- Recording standard information for a business group
Module 7: Creating Locations
- Providing an overview of locations
- Defining and deleting locations
Module 8: Creating Organizations
- Explaining organizations within a business group
- Creating, classifying, and deleting organizations
- Entering additional information for organizations
- Identifying organization manager
- Creating organization hierarchies
Module 9: Representing Financial Reporting Structure
- Providing an overview of representing financial reporting structures
- Recording costing information
- Discussing parallel reporting structures (HR and GL) and integration of these parallel reporting structures
- Automatically create HR organizations based on GL Account Combinations
Module 10: Representing Government Reporting Structures (US)
- Discussing the reporting requirements
- Preparing for Government–Mandated HR Reporting
Module 11: Representing Jobs and Positions
- Explaining using jobs and positions
- Describing job structures, jobs, and job groups
- Discussing additional information for jobs and supplementary roles
- Describing position structures, positions, position control, and position transactions
- Discussing additional information for positions
- Changing job and position definitions
Module 12: Position Hierarchies
- Defining and changing position hierarchies
Module 13: Mass Move Updates
- Reorganizing and mass moving positions, assignments, and organizations
Module 14: Understanding Checklists
- Benefits of using Checklists
- How Checklists work
- About Checklist-task performers
- Setting up Checklists
Module 15: Setting up Workers Compensation (US)
- Providing an overview of workers compensation in Oracle HRMS
- Discussing work classification codes and rates
R12.x Oracle HRMS Work Structure Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
The prerequisites to take this training course are as follows:
1. Basic understanding of Oracle ERP architecture
2. Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
3. Experience in installing and configuring Oracle E-Business Suite
4. Understanding of Oracle R12 architecture
5. Understanding of Work Structures and Descriptive Flexfields in Oracle HRMS
6. Be familiar with basic querying of Oracle HRMS tables and views
7. Thorough understanding of Oracle HRMS Module concepts and Setups
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!