R12.x Oracle Purchasing Fundamentals
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
R12.x Oracle Purchasing Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Oracle Purchasing Fundamentals R12.x course provides an overview of Oracle e-Business Suite Purchasing, covering requisitioning and purchasing basics. Learners will explore Purchasing menus, setup processes, and the Purchasing Workbench for configuring the system and completing standard transactions. By the end of the course, participants will be able to run Key Purchasing reports, comprehend basic accounting principles, and set up the purchasing system in Oracle E-Business Suite. Geared towards beginners in the Oracle Purchasing system, the course covers topics such as creating requisitions, configuring setup items and suppliers, performing batches and standard transactions, and understanding Purchasing accounting principles.
- Procurement and finance professionals seeking to enhance their understanding of Oracle Purchasing features and functionality for optimal utilization.
- End-users responsible for day-to-day operations of Purchasing or Accounts Payable, aiming to learn how to authorize requisitions, manage purchase orders, and troubleshoot R12x environments.
- Business analysts who need to evaluate the configuration and performance of Purchasing and Accounts Payable processes.
- Consultants engaged in implementing Oracle Purchasing, as the training covers system setup, best practices, and administration aspects.
Learning Objectives of R12.x Oracle Purchasing Fundamentals:
1. Describe the features and benefits of Oracle Purchasing and understand how to run the Purchasing module in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
2. Set up the Purchasing module including the define and design stages.
3. Develop an understanding of the purchasing document flow and learn how to complete purchasing transactions.
4. Become familiar with the Purchase Order forms, Purchasing reports and programs, plus the Purchasing setup and functions.
5. Learn how to define approvals and discounts, and use them to process Purchase Orders.
6. Understand how to use the Oracle iProcurement input forms and the Oracle Self Service Requisition workflows.
7. Use the source schedule process to pull requisitions into Purchase Order releases.
8. Learn to utilize supplier information, blanket purchase agreements and ability to place orders with advanced pricing.
9. Become familiar with other purchasing related activities such as Account Generator and the Requisition Interface table.
10. Learn how to use the Purchasing reports and inquiries to effectively monitor the purchasing system.
Module 1: Procure To Pay Lifecycle Overview
- Understanding Procure to Pay Lifecycle
- Understanding Oracle Procure to Pay Process
Module 2: Oracle Purchasing Overview
- Understanding Purchasing Process
- Requisition to Purchase Order
- Overview of the Ordering Process
- The Receiving Process
- Purchasing Integration
Module 3: Enterprise Structure – Locations, Organizations, and Items
- Understanding the Enterprise Structure
- Defining Locations
- Defining Inventory Organizations
- Establishing Inventory Parameters
- Creating Units of Measure
- Creating a Purchasing Category
- Item Attributes Defining and Maintaining Items
- Describing and Using Category Sets
Module 4: Suppliers
- Overview of Suppliers
- Entering Supplier Information
- Defining Supplier Site Information
- Managing Suppliers
- Running Supplier Reports
- Understanding Financial Options
- Defining Supplier Profile Options
Module 5: RFQs and Quotations
- Request for Quotation Lifecycle
- Creating and Maintaining Requests for Quotation
- Creating a Supplier List
- Understanding Quotations Lifecycle
- Creating and Maintaining Quotations
- Sending Notifications
- Defining RFQ and Quotations Profile Options
Module 6: Approved Supplier Lists and Sourcing Rules
- Creating Approved Supplier Lists
- Understanding Supplier Statuses
- Understanding Supplier-Commodity/Item Attributes
- Understanding ASL Precedence
- Defining Sourcing Profile Options for Approvals
Module 7: Requisitions
- Understanding the Requisition Lifecycle
- Requisition Structure
- Creating and Maintaining Requisitions
- Supplier Item Catalog
- Creating Requisition Templates
- Running Requisition Reports
- Defining Requisition Profile Options
Module 8: Purchase Orders
- Understanding Purchase Order Types
- Purchase Order Components and Record Structure
- Creating Standard Purchase Orders
- Creating Contract Purchase Agreements
- Revising Purchase Orders
- Maintaining Purchase Orders
- Identifying Key Reports
- Creating Global Agreements
Module 9: Automatic Document Creation
- Understanding AutoCreate
- Creating Purchase Documents from Requisitions
- Modifying Requisition Lines
- Running the Create Releases Program
- Understanding the PO Create Documents workflow
Module 10: Receiving
- Receiving Locations
- Receipt Routing
- Receipt Processing Methods
- Receiving Tolerances
- Entering Returns and Corrections
- Overview of Pay on Receipt
- Running Reports
- Defining Profile Options
Module 11: Professional Buyer’s Work Center
- Learning Business Benefits of the Buyer’s Work Center
- Understanding Requisitions in the Buyer’s Work Center
- Creating a Purchase Order in the Buyer’s Work Cente
- Purchase Agreements in the Buyer’s Work Center
- Creating a Personalized Requisition View
- Understanding Implementation Considerations
- Using Document Styles
- Creating a Purchase Agreement in the Buyer’s Work Center
Module 12: Document Security, Routing and Approval
- Document Security and Access Levels
- Document Approval – Jobs and Positions
- Creating Position Approval Hierarchies
- Defining Document Security Levels
- Creating Approval Groups
- Defining Document Access Levels
- Using Oracle Workflow for Requisitions and Purchase Order Approvals
- Running the Fill Employee Hierarchy Process
Module 13: Purchasing Accounting
- Overview of Purchasing Accounting
- Closing the PO Period
- Using foreign currency
- Purchasing Accounting Implementation Considerations
- Setup options
- Accrual Reconciliation Process
Module 14: Setup Steps
- Setting Up Document Sequences
- Setting Up Key Profile Options
- Setting Up Descriptive Flexfields
- Defining Purchase Order Matching and Tax Tolerances
- Defining Approval Groups and Assignments
- Defining Purchasing Options
- Setting Up Sourcing Rules and Assignments
- Performing Additional System Administration
Module 15: Purchasing Administration
- Maintaining Oracle Purchasing Database Records
- Using Mass Update on Purchasing Documents
- Using Purchasing MassCancel
- Using Mass Close of Purchasing Documents
- Understanding Purge
- Running the Purchasing Concurrent Processes
R12.x Oracle Purchasing Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
This course does not have any specific prerequisites, although it is recommended that learners have prior experience in areas such as working in a Microsoft Windows environment, navigating the Oracle e-Business Suite, working with procurement business documents and procedures, and have a basic knowledge of Procurement-related terminology.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!