R12.x Oracle Sourcing Fundamentals
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
R12.x Oracle Sourcing Fundamentals Course Overview:
The Oracle Sourcing Fundamentals course for R12.x is a comprehensive training program suitable for beginners and experienced users. It offers an introductory overview of Oracle Sourcing, its components, and process flow, delivered through lectures, discussions, and hands-on lab exercises. Participants will gain a detailed understanding of business rules and globalization options available in the Oracle Sourcing module. The course focuses on teaching buyers and sourcing managers how to configure and use the Sourcing module for purchasing and sourcing tasks, covering various components, functions, requisitioning, supplier selection, purchasing processes, customizing, reporting options, and vendor negotiation process.
- Business users requiring an understanding of core concepts, processes, and responsibilities in Oracle Sourcing.
- Business decision-makers involved in procurement and sourcing strategies.
- System administrators responsible for configuring, installing, managing, and supporting the Oracle Sourcing system.
- End-users who will be utilizing Oracle Sourcing in their daily activities.
- Key personnel involved in procurement, supply chain, and sourcing business functions.
- Professionals involved in implementing or upgrading Oracle Sourcing from earlier releases.
- Individuals seeking professional certification related to Oracle Sourcing.
Learning Objectives of R12.x Oracle Sourcing Fundamentals:
1. Acquire an understanding of the Oracle Sourcing Release 12.x architecture and navigation.
2. Learn to setup and manage versions and to create, copy, and manage templates.
3. Configure and manage complex sourcing events such as reverse auctions, electronic tenders, invites, and others.
4. Gain an understanding of negotiation and supplier management features.
5. Implement and manage contractual agreements, templates, documents, and other library features.
6. Create and manage supplier information and evaluate suppliers.
7. Create documents, templates, and contracts, and print forms.
8. Define and use multiple currency, pricing, and units of measure.
9. Using of Auto Sourcing selection and Award, approval, scheduling.
10. Manage negotiation strategies such as laddered, reverse auction, and best and final offers.
Module 1: Oracle Sourcing Functionality Overview
- Understanding Key Business Flows of Oracle Sourcing
- Contrasting Manual and Automatic Sourcing Systems
- Identifying Key Productivity Benefits of Oracle Sourcing
- Understanding the Oracle Sourcing Position Within the Oracle Advanced Procurement Product Family
Module 2: Oracle Sourcing Product Overview
- Navigating Oracle Sourcing User Interface
- Using the Buyer and Supplier Home Pages
- Conducting Searches
- Understanding the Functions of the Three Types of Sourcing Users
Module 3: Creating Negotiations
- Outlining the Negotiation Process
- Defining Header Information
- Defining Negotiation Lines
- Defining Negotiations Response Controls
- Using Contract Terms
- Inviting Suppliers to a Negotiation
- Publishing a Negotiation
- Identifying Additional Creation Methods
Module 4: Using Negotiation Attributes
- Explaining the Usage of Negotiation Attributes
- Defining and Using Requirements
- Explaining Subjective Scoring
- Defining and Using Line Attributes
- Explaining Weighting and Scoring
- Explaining How Price-to-Total-Score is Calculated and Used to Evaluate Responses
Module 5: Additional Creation Tools
- Defining and Using Reusable Supplier Price Factors and Price Factor Lists
- Performing Supplier Searches
- Defining and Using Reusable Invitation Lists
- Defining and Using Price Breaks and Price Tiers
- Using Spreadsheet Upload for Header Attributes and Lines
- Defining and Using Negotiation Document Templates
- Defining and Using Negotiation Events
- Defining Two-Stage RFQs
Module 6: Responding to Negotiations
- Understanding the Differences Between Suppliers and Supplier Users
- Explaining the Process for Registering Supplier Users
- Outlining the Response Process
- Searching for Negotiations
- Entering and Submitting a Negotiation Response
- Explaining Power and Proxy Bidding
- Explaining Surrogate Bidding and Earnest Money Deposit while Bidding
- Explaining How to Print Supplier’s View of Negotiation
Module 7: Monitoring Negotiations
- Understanding the Process To Monitor a Negotiation
- Explaining Best Response and How Calculated
- Explaining How to Use Live Console to Monitor Negotiation
- Using the Count-Down Clock
- Understanding How to Use Negotiation Amendments
- Understanding the Multi Round Process
Module 8: Awarding Negotiations
- Outlining the Award Process
- Explaining How to Score Header Attributes
- Explaining Different Award Methods
- Explaining How to Use Award Optimization
- Understanding How to Generate a Purchase Order
- Explaining How to Allocate Requisitions Across Selected Suppliers
Module 9: Using Collaborative Messaging and Notifications
- Explaining notifications used by Oracle Sourcing
- Explaining notifications used by Oracle Sourcing
Module 10: Using Forms and Abstracts
- Understanding the Purpose for the System Abstract
- Explaining How to Modify the Abstract
- Describing Forms Usage
- Implementing New Forms
Module 11: Using Transformational Bidding
- Explaining the Usage of Buyer Price Factors
- Explaining How Buyer Price Factors Affect Responses
- Explaining Different Visibility Options for Transformed Responsesng
- Defining Buyer Price Factors
Module 12: Processing Large Negotiations
- Distinguishing between Regular and Large Negotiations
- Identifying and Using Features available for Processing Large Negotiations
Module 13: Setting Up and Implementing Oracle Sourcing
- Identifying Relevant Applications for Implementation Tasks
- Identifying Additional Implementation Tasks
- Outlining Required Steps to Implement Oracle Sourcing
R12.x Oracle Sourcing Fundamentals Course Prerequisites:
This course is appropriate for people who have a basic understanding of the procurement process and some experience using the Internet. Previous experience with the Oracle E-Business Suite of products is not required. However, having a basic understanding of Purchasing will be helpful.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!