Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) Course Overview:
What you’ll learn in this course
The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) v4.0 course provides hands-on training on deploying and utilizing Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS). Participants will gain knowledge and skills in NGIPS features, event analysis, NGIPS tuning, configuration, Snort® rules language, file and malware inspection, security intelligence, network analysis policy configuration, correlation policies, troubleshooting, and system administration tasks.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW). You can take these courses in any order. This course also earns you 32 Continuing Education (CE) credits towards recertification.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Implement Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS to stop threats, address attacks, increase vulnerability prevention against suspicious files, and analyze for not-yet-identified threats
● Gain leading-edge skills focused on security
● Earn 32 CE credits for recertification
What to expect in the exam
The 300-SNCF exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco Firepower® Threat Defense and Firepower®, including
policy configurations, integrations, deployments, management, and troubleshooting.
After you pass 300-710 SNCF:
● You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certification.
● You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for new CCNP Security certification. To complete CCNP Security, you also need to pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam or its equivalent.
Who should enroll
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco
Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
● Security administrators
● Security consultants
● Network administrators
● System engineers
● Technical support personnel
● Channel partners and resellers
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Describe the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
● Detail Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for
● Implement access control policies and describe access control policy advanced features
● Configure security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks
implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
● Implement and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
● Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco
Firepower Management Center
● Integrate the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
● Describe and demonstrate the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center
and configure a correlation policy
● Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management
● Identify commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic
commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
● Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Overview
● Cisco Firepower NGFW Device Configuration
● Cisco Firepower NGFW Traffic Control
● Cisco Firepower Discovery
● Implementing Access Control Policies
● Security Intelligence
● File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
● Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
● Network Analysis Policies
● Detailed Analysis Techniques
● Cisco Firepower Platform Integration
● Alerting and Correlation Policies
● Performing System Administration
● Firepower Troubleshooting
● Perform Initial Device Setup
● Perform Device Management
● Configure Network Discovery
● Implement an Access Control Policy
● Implement Security Intelligence
● Implement Control and Advanced Malware Protection
● Implement NGIPS
● Customize a Network Analysis Policy
● Perform Analysis
● Configure Firepower Platform Integration with Splunk
● Configure Alerting and Event Correlation
● Perform System Administration
● Troubleshoot Firepower
Note: There are some terminology differences between the outlines in the instructor-led and e-learning versions of this course. Both courses cover the same lessons and labs.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
● Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
● Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!