Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower ThreatDefense NGFW
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower ThreatDefense NGFW Course Overview:
This course will show students how to use and configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning
with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
The course will then explore how to implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation
Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features, including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection, and deep packet inspection.
Students will also learn how to configure site-to-site VPN, remote-access VPN, and SSL decryption before moving on to detailed analysis, system administration, and troubleshooting.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that students are able to
successfully deploy and manage the Cisco Firepower system.
The primary audience for this course is system installers, system integrators, system administrators, network administrators, and solutions designers who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW in their network environments. This course focuses on the features of Firepower Threat Defense
that relate to the network edge use case, where the Firepower system functions primarily as a VPN headend and security gateway. This class would be suitable for customers that are replacing Cisco ASA devices with Firepower Threat Defense.
● Module 1: Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Overview
● Module 2: Firepower NGFW Device Configuration
● Module 3: Firepower NGFW Traffic Control
● Module 4: Firepower NGFW Address Translation
● Module 5: Firepower Discovery
● Module 6: Implementing Access Control Policies
● Module 7: Security Intelligence
● Module 8: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
● Module 9: Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
● Module 10: Site-to-Site VPN
● Module 11: Remote-Access VPN
● Module 12: SSL Decryption
● Module 13: Detailed Analysis Techniques
● Module 14: System Administration
● Module 15: Firepower Troubleshooting
● Lab 1: Initial Device Setup
● Lab 2: Device Management
● Lab 3: Configuring High Availability
● Lab 4: Migrating from Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense
● Lab 5: Implementing QoS
● Lab 6: Implementing NAT
● Lab 7: Configuring Network Discovery
● Lab 8: Implementing an Access Control Policy
● Lab 9: Implementing Security Intelligence
● Lab 10: Implementing Site-to-Site VPN
● Lab 11: Implementing Remote Access VPN
● Lab 12: Threat Analysis
● Lab 13: System Administration
● Lab 14: Firepower Troubleshooting
● Knowledge of TCP/IP and basic routing protocols, and familiarity with firewall, VPN, and IPS concepts
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!