Duration : 1 Day (8 Hours)
Statistical Processing Course Overview:
This course is designed for power users aiming to enhance their skills in identifying and utilizing transforming commands and eval functions to compute statistics on their data effectively. The topics covered include various data series types, primary transforming commands, mathematical and statistical eval functions, using eval as a function, as well as the practical application of the rename and sort commands.
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Business Analysts
- Splunk Power Users
- IT Professionals
- Anyone working with Splunk for data analysis and visualization
Learning Objectives of Statistical Processing:
- Understanding Data Series
- Data Transformation Techniques
- Aggregating Statistics Using the stats Command
- Data Manipulation with eval
- Data Formatting Techniques
Understanding Data Series
- Introduction to Data Series
- Explore the difference between single-series, multi-series, and time series data series
- Data Transformation Basics
- Use the chart, timechart, top, and rare commands to transform events into data tables
- Introduction to Aggregation
- Exploring the stats Command
- Explore the stats command and eight of its functions
Manipulating Data with eval
- Understanding the eval Command
- Explore the eval command
- Mathematical and Statistical Functions
- Explore and perform calculations using mathematical and statistical eval functions
- Field Calculations and Concatenations
- Perform calculations and concatenations on field values
- Using eval with the stats Command
- Utilize the eval command as a function with the stats command
- Renaming Fields
- Use the rename command for field renaming
- Sorting Data
- Use the sort command for data sorting
Statistical Processing Course Prerequisites:
To be successful, students should have a working understanding of
- What is Splunk?
- Intro to Splunk
- Using Fields
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!