Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Duration : 5 Days (40 Hours)
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) Course Overview:
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) course is a comprehensive and globally recognized program designed to equip information security professionals with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to protect organizational systems and assets. Offered by (ISC)², a leading organization in the field of cybersecurity, this course covers a wide range of topics essential for implementing robust security measures and defending against various cyber threats.
- Cybersecurity Professionals
- IT Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Systems Engineers
- Security Analysts
- Security Operations Personnel
- IT Managers
- Network Security Professionals
- Information Security Officers
- Individuals Pursuing Career Advancement in Information Security
Learning Objectives of Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP):
- Foundational Security Knowledge: The SSCP course provides participants with a solid understanding of core security concepts, principles, and best practices. Topics covered include access controls, cryptography, security operations, incident response, network and communications security, and more.
- Global Certification: Upon successful completion of the SSCP course and meeting the experience requirements, candidates will earn the prestigious SSCP certification from (ISC)². This certification validates the participant’s proficiency in information security and is recognized worldwide by employers and industry professionals.
- Security Across IT Domains: Participants will gain expertise in implementing security measures across different IT domains, including networks, servers, applications, and databases. The course emphasizes the importance of a holistic approach to security to protect organizations from diverse threats.
- Risk Identification and Mitigation: SSCP covers risk identification, assessment, and mitigation techniques to safeguard critical assets effectively. Participants will learn how to identify vulnerabilities and implement controls to reduce the risk of potential security incidents.
- Security Operations and Incident Response: The course delves into security operations and incident response procedures, enabling participants to detect, respond to, and recover from security incidents efficiently.
- Access Controls and Authentication Mechanisms: Participants will explore various access control mechanisms and authentication technologies used to protect sensitive data and resources from unauthorized access.
- Cryptography and Data Protection: SSCP covers the principles of cryptography and its application in securing data at rest and in transit. Participants will learn encryption techniques and the importance of secure key management.
Module 1: Security Operations and Administration
- Implement and maintain authentication methods
- Support internetwork trust architectures
- Participate in the identity management lifecycle
- Implement access controls
Module 2: Access Controls
- Comply with codes of ethics
- Understand security concepts
- Document, implement, and maintain functional security controls
- Participate in asset management
- Implement security controls and assess compliance
- Participate in change management
- Participate in security awareness and training
- Participate in physical security operations (e.g., data center assessment, badging)
Module 3: Risk Identification, Monitoring,and Analysis
- Understand the risk management process
- Perform security assessment activities
- Operate and maintain monitoring systems (e.g., continuous monitoring)
- Analyze monitoring results
Module 4: Incident Response and Recovery
- Support incident lifecycle
- Understand and support forensic investigations
- Understand and support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) activities
Module 5: Cryptography
- Understand fundamental concepts of cryptography
- Understand reasons and requirements for cryptography
- Understand and support secure protocols
- Understand Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) systems
Module 6: Network and Communications Security
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts of networking
- Understand network attacks and countermeasures (e.g., DDoS, man-in-the-middle, DNS poisoning)
- Manage network access controls
- Manage network security
- Operate and configure network-based security devices
- Operate and configure wireless technologies (e.g., bluetooth, NFC, WiFi)
Module 7: Systems and Application Security
- Identify and analyze malicious code and activity
- Implement and operate endpoint device security
- Operate and configure cloud security
- Operate and secure virtual environments
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) Course Prerequisites:
While there are no strict prerequisites for attending the SSCP course, it is recommended that participants have at least one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven SSCP domains to be eligible for the certification exam.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!