Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) v1.0
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) v1.0 Course Overview:
The “Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) v1.0” course covers security concepts, network and application operations, incident investigation, and response procedures. It provides essential skills and knowledge for cybersecurity operations, preparing you for entry-level roles in a Security Operations Center (SOC). Completion of the course earns you 30 Continuing Education (CE) credits and can help you prepare for the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
● Learn the fundamental skills, techniques, technologies, and the hands-on practice necessary to prevent and defend against cyberattacks as part of a SOC team
● Prepare for the 200-201 Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) exam which earns the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification
● Earn 30 Continuing Education Credits toward recertification
Who should enroll
This course is designed for individuals seeking a role as an associate-level cybersecurity analyst and IT professionals desiring knowledge in Cybersecurity operations or those in pursuit of the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification including:
● Students pursuing a technical degree
● Current IT professionals
● Recent college graduates with a technical degree
After taking this course, you should be able to:
● Explain how a Security Operations Center (SOC) operates and describe the different types of services that
are performed from a Tier 1 SOC analyst’s perspective.
● Explain Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools that are available to the network security analyst.
● Explain the data that is available to the network security analyst.
● Describe the basic concepts and uses of cryptography.
● Describe security flaws in the TCP/IP protocol and how they can be used to attack networks and hosts.
● Understand common endpoint security technologies.
● Understand the kill chain and the diamond models for incident investigations, and the use of exploit kits by
● Identify resources for hunting cyber threats.
● Explain the need for event data normalization and event correlation.
● Identify the common attack vectors.
● Identify malicious activities.
● Identify patterns of suspicious behaviors.
● Conduct security incident investigations.
● Explain the use of a typical playbook in the SOC.
● Explain the use of SOC metrics to measure the effectiveness of the SOC.
● Explain the use of a workflow management system and automation to improve the effectiveness of the
● Describe a typical incident response plan and the functions of a typical Computer Security Incident
Response Team (CSIRT).
● Explain the use of Vocabulary for Event Recording and Incident Sharing (VERIS) to document security
incidents in a standard format.
● Defining the Security Operations Center
● Understanding Network Infrastructure and Network Security Monitoring Tools
● Exploring Data Type Categories
● Understanding Basic Cryptography Concepts
● Understanding Common TCP/IP Attacks
● Understanding Endpoint Security Technologies
● Understanding Incident Analysis in a Threat-Centric SOC
● Identifying Resources for Hunting Cyber Threats
● Understanding Event Correlation and Normalization
● Identifying Common Attack Vectors
● Identifying Malicious Activity
● Identifying Patterns of Suspicious Behavior
● Conducting Security Incident Investigations
● Using a Playbook Model to Organize Security Monitoring
● Understanding SOC Metrics
● Understanding SOC Workflow and Automation
● Describing Incident Response
● Understanding the Use of VERIS
● Understanding Windows Operating System Basics
● Understanding Linux Operating System Basics
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
● Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
● Working knowledge of the Windows and Linux operating systems
● Familiarity with basics of networking security concepts
The following Cisco course can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
● Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA®)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!