Veritas NetBackup Flex 5250 Appliance: Administration
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Veritas NetBackup Flex 5250 Appliance: Administration Course Overview:
The Veritas NetBackup Flex 5250 Appliance: Administration course is specifically designed for IT professionals who are responsible for deploying, configuring, operating, managing, and maintaining Veritas NetBackup Flex appliances.
During this course, participants will learn how to configure and work with NetBackup Flex appliances using container technology. The course covers the necessary steps to set up and configure the Flex appliance, including modifying settings, managing users, monitoring system performance, and reconfiguring the appliance as needed.
Participants will also gain an understanding of Flex appliance security, learning how to implement security measures to protect data stored on the appliance and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
In addition, the course provides guidance on upgrading and rolling back the Flex appliance to ensure that the appliance is running the latest software versions and that any necessary updates or patches are applied correctly.
This course is designed for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and management of the Veritas Flex Appliance.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Veritas Flex appliance and its hardware and software components.
- Describe the fundamentals of Flex appliance containers, their implementation, and the advantages of running NetBackup in a container.
- Set up the Veritas Flex appliance.
- Work with the Flex appliance Web console.
- Modify Flex appliance settings using Flex Shell commands.
- Manage Flex appliance tenants and users.
- Create and manage application instances.
- Manage and monitor Flex appliance security features.
- Monitor Flex appliance.
- Perform factory reset and storage reset to reconfigure Flex appliance.
- Upgrade and rollback the Flex appliance.
Introducing Veritas NetBackup Flex 5250 Appliance
- Veritas Flex Appliance: Introduction
- Flex Appliance 5250: Hardware
- Flex Appliance 5250: Software
- Flex Appliance 5250 Management and Monitoring
Understanding Flex Appliance Containers
- Container Fundamentals
- Docker Basics
- Flex Appliance 5250: Container Implementation
- Running NetBackup in a Container: Advantages
Setting up and Working with the Veritas Flex Appliance
- Setting up the Veritas Flex 5250 Appliance
- Accessing and Using Flex Appliance Shell
- Accessing and Using Flex Appliance Console
- Troubleshooting Flex Appliance Web Console Errors
- Exercise A: Configuring the Flex Appliance Network on the Flex Node: nbfa-5250
- Exercise B: Adding the Flex Appliance Details in the Hosts File
- Exercise C: Configuring the Flex Appliance Console
- Exercise D: Verifying the Flex Appliance Shell and Flex Appliance Console Details
- Exercise E: Accessing and Navigating the Flex Appliance Shell
- Exercise F: Accessing and Navigating the Flex Appliance Console
- Exercise G: Verifying Flex Appliance Services List Details
- Exercise H: Verifying Flex Appliance System List Details
- Exercise I: Accessing the Flex Appliance Repositories List
Modifying Veritas Flex Appliance settings
- Configuring the Network
- Managing Flex Appliance Fibre Channel Ports
- Exercise A: Creating a Network Bond – bond0
- Exercise B: Creating a Network Bond – bond1
- Exercise C: Configuring a Network Interface – bond0
- Exercise D: Configuring a Network Interface with VLAN Tagging – bond1
- Exercise E: Configuring NTP Server on Flex Appliance Node
- Exercise F: Adding and Removing a Node from the Hosts File
- Exercise G: Deleting a Network Bond – bond1
Managing Flex Appliance Users
- Working with Tenants
- Managing Users
- Using Active Directory User Credentials with Flex Appliance
- Exercise A: Working with Tenants
- Exercise B: Managing Flex Appliance Console Users
Working with the Flex Appliance
- Managing Applications and Upgrade Packages in Repository
- Creating Application Instances
- Creating a WORM Storage Instance
- Managing Application Instances
- Veritas Flex Appliance: Multiple Network Support
- Instance Upgrade
- Exercise A: Adding Application Packages in the Repository
- Exercise B: Creating a NetBackup Primary and Media Server Instances
- Exercise C: Upgrading Application Instances
- Exercise D: Creating a NetBackup MSDP Cloud Media Server Instance
- Exercise E: Configuring and Performing Backups to MSDP Cloud
- Exercise F: Managing Application Instances
Monitoring the Flex Appliance
- AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the Hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Exercise A: Viewing and Configuring Call Home Settings
- Exercise B: Deleting and Disabling Call Home settings
- Exercise C: Gathering Device Logs
Reconfiguring the Flex Appliance
- Reconfiguring the Appliance
- Adding a Storage Expansion Memory Kit
- Exercise A: Viewing and Stopping an Application Instance
- Exercise B: Performing a Factory Reset
- Exercise C: Performing a Storage Reset
Flex Appliance: Upgrades and Updates
- Flex Appliance: Upgrades
- Flex Appliance: Updates
- Exercise A: Adding WORM Packages to the Add-ons Repository
- Exercise B: Verifying the Flex Appliance Upgrade Status
- Exercise C: Verifying AutoSupport (Call Home) Settings
Flex Appliance Security
Flex Appliance Security
- Exercise A: Configuring the NetBackup WORM Storage Server Instance
- Exercise B: Configuring the Disk Pool and WORM Storage Unit
- Exercise C: Configuring a NetBackup Policy
- Exercise D: Understanding Catalog Operations on WORM Image Copy
- Exercise E: Maintaining Appliance Security
- Exercise F: Working with Flex Appliance Lock Down Modes
Students must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup and Veritas NetBackup appliances. Knowledge of clustering, storage management, and networking are also required.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!