Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Unix : Administration
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Unix : Administration Course Overview:
The Symantec Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows course is specifically designed for Windows professionals who are responsible for managing storage. The course focuses on providing participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform fundamental operational management procedures for Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows.
Throughout the training, participants will learn how to install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows, including the setup of disks, disk groups, and volumes. The course covers essential topics such as managing storage resources and performing basic administrative tasks related to storage management.
Additionally, participants will be introduced to offline and off-host processing, which allows for efficient and flexible data management operations. They will also gain insights into basic troubleshooting techniques, performance tuning methods, and recovery procedures.
This course is for Windows system administrators, system engineers, network administrators, system integration or development staff, and technical support personnel who will be working with Veritas Storage Foundation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and manage virtual volumes and volume snapshots.
- Perform disk group move, split, and join operations.
- Implement off-host processing techniques.
- Resize volumes, change volume layouts, and manage volume tasks.
- Perform basic recovery operations.
PART 1: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Install and Configure
- Virtual Objects
- Physical and virtual data storage
- SFW storage objects
- SFW RAID levels and volume layouts
- Installing and Accessing SFW Interfaces
- Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows: Overview
- Installing SFW 6.0
- Upgrading to SFW 6.0
- Installing SFW
- SFW user interfaces
- Working with Disk Groups and Volumes
- Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
- Creating a volume
- Adding a file system to an existing volume
- Displaying disk and disk group information
- Displaying volume configuration information
- Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
- Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Comparing volume layouts
- Creating volumes with various layouts
- Creating a partition and logical drive
PART 2: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Manage and Administer
- Making Configuration Changes
- Administering mirrored volumes
- Resizing a volume
- Changing a drive letter or path
- Moving data between systems
- Upgrading a dynamic disk group
- Implementing Offline and Off-Host Processing
- Offline and off-host processing tasks
- Creating a volume snapshot
- Performing dynamic disk group split and join
- Enabling FastResync
- Implementing off-host processing
- Using Recovery Features
- Monitoring objects and events
- Maintaining data consistency
- Configuration backup and restore
- Managing hot relocation at the host level
- Troubleshooting disk replacement and recovered volumes
- Managing Performance
- Monitoring I/O
- Setting capacity monitoring parameters
- Changing the volume layout
- Setting caching for volumes
- Using SmartMove
- Manipulating subdisks and disks
- Administering DMP
- Overview of dynamic multipathing
- Managing arrays, individual disks, and paths
- Specifying load balancing settings
- Specifying control timer settings for an array
- Investigating backup mode
You must have experience as a system and network administrator working in a Windows environment.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!