Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows : Administration
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows : Administration Course Overview:
Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows is a powerful software solution that offers comprehensive storage management capabilities in a unified and user-friendly graphical interface. With Veritas Storage Foundation, you can efficiently configure and manage both local and remote storage resources connected to your system while ensuring continuous system availability.
Here are some key features and benefits of Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows:
- Centralized Storage Management: You can manage storage resources across multiple domains from a single console, simplifying the management process and enhancing overall efficiency.
- Software RAID Configuration: Veritas Storage Foundation allows you to create and configure software RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) configurations while your systems remain online and accessible. This capability provides data redundancy and enhances the fault tolerance of your storage infrastructure.
- Performance Optimization: The solution offers online capacity monitoring and storage load balancing features to optimize storage system performance. By monitoring storage utilization and intelligently distributing data across available resources, Veritas Storage Foundation ensures efficient utilization of storage capacity and balanced performance across your infrastructure.
- High Availability: Veritas Storage Foundation provides features such as dynamic storage provisioning, online volume management, and real-time monitoring to maintain high availability of your storage infrastructure. These capabilities allow you to perform storage management tasks without interrupting system operations.
- Data Protection and Security: Veritas Storage Foundation offers various data protection and security features, including data encryption, snapshot-based backup and recovery, and access control mechanisms. These features help safeguard your data and ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Systems Engineers
- System Integrators
- Network Administrator
- System Administrators
- Create and manage virtual volumes and volume snapshots.
- Perform disk group move, split, and join operations.
- Implement off-host processing techniques.
- Resize volumes, change volume layouts, and manage volume tasks.
- Perform basic recovery operations.
PART 1: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Install and Configure
- Physical and virtual data storage
- SFW storage objects
- SFW RAID levels and volume layouts
Installing and Accessing SFW Interfaces
- Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows: Overview
- Installing SFW 6.0
- Upgrading to SFW 6.0
- Installing SFW
- SFW user interfaces
Working with Disk Groups and Volumes
- Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
- Creating a volume
- Adding a file system to an existing volume
- Displaying disk and disk group information
- Displaying volume configuration information
- Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Comparing volume layouts
- Creating volumes with various layouts
- Creating a partition and logical drive
PART 2: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Manage and Administer
Making Configuration Changes
- Administering mirrored volumes
- Resizing a volume
- Changing a drive letter or path
- Moving data between systems
- Upgrading a dynamic disk group
Implementing Offline and Off-Host Processing
- Offline and off-host processing tasks
- Creating a volume snapshot
- Performing dynamic disk group split and join
- Enabling FastResync
- Implementing off-host processing
Using Recovery Features
- Monitoring objects and events
- Maintaining data consistency
- Configuration backup and restore
- Managing hot relocation at the host level
- Troubleshooting disk replacement and recovered volumes
- Monitoring I/O
- Setting capacity monitoring parameters
- Changing the volume layout
- Setting caching for volumes
- Using SmartMove
- Manipulating subdisks and disks
- Overview of dynamic multipathing
- Managing arrays, individual disks, and paths
- Specifying load balancing settings
- Specifying control timer settings for an array
- Investigating backup mode
You must have experience as a system and network administrator working in a Windows environment.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!