Video Streaming Essentials for AWS Media Services
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Video Streaming Essentials for AWS Media Services Course Overview:
The course on designing and using cloud-based video workflows provides participants with valuable insights into best practices and important concepts related to video processing and delivery in the cloud. The course specifically focuses on AWS Media Services, which are a set of cloud-based services offered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) for video processing, storage, and delivery.
In this course, participants will learn about various aspects of cloud-based video workflows, including:
- Video Processing and Delivery: Participants will gain an understanding of the different stages involved in video processing, such as ingest, transcoding, packaging, and delivery. They will learn how to leverage AWS Media Services to perform these tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Migration Considerations: The course covers the variables and factors that impact the decision to migrate video workflows to the cloud. Participants will learn about the benefits and challenges of migrating video processing and delivery to the cloud and gain insights into best practices for a successful migration.
- Hybrid and Cloud Use Cases: Real-world examples of hybrid and cloud-based video workflows using AWS Media Services are presented in the course. Participants will learn about different use cases and scenarios where AWS Media Services can be applied to achieve specific goals and requirements.
- Security, Machine Learning, and Analytics: The course introduces security considerations specific to video workflows in the cloud. Participants will also learn about the integration of machine learning and analytics capabilities into video workflows and how these technologies can enhance performance and efficiency.
Course level: Intermediate
This course is intended for individuals who work in or are considering migration to AWS Media Services,
including those in the following roles:
- Video Operator/Engineer
- Project Manager/Engineer
Module 1: Important Video Concepts
o Resolution, bitrate, frame rate, latency, and compression
o Codecs and containers
o Group of pictures (GOP) encoding
o ABR, packaging and distribution
o Internet protocols used in video streaming
Module 2: Anatomy of Streaming Workflows
o Four stages of video streaming
o Variables that affect design decisions
Module 3: Using AWS Services in Video-on-Demand (VOD) Workflows
o Converting a film or tape library for internet streaming
o Increasing reach and accessibility using multiple languages and captions
o Streaming edited highlights from a live event
o Analyzing and tagging VOD files for media content analysis using machine learning and data analytics
Module 4: Optimizing Workflows
o Migrating to the cloud
o Cloud financial management
Module 5: Using AWS Services in Live Workflows
o Challenges of live streaming
o Live streaming a simple interview show
o Live streaming a major sporting event to a global audience
o Live switching between multiple inputs
o Saving segments from a live show to create VOD segments
Module 6: Recap and Review
Module 7: Next Steps
We strongly recommend learners complete the required prerequisites prior to class, and suggest completion of the optional prerequisites for an optimal experience.
- Video Streaming Concepts: AWS Media Services
- Introduction to AWS Media Services by Use Case
- AWS Technical Essentials (digital or classroom)
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!