VMware Cloud Director: Advanced Networking with NSX-T Data Center (v10.2)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
VMware Cloud Director: Advanced Networking with NSX-T Data Center (v10.2) Course Overview:
The VMware Cloud Director: Advanced Networking with NSX-T Data Center [V10.2] course is designed to provide comprehensive training on advanced networking capabilities using NSX-T Data Center within the VMware Cloud Director environment. Participants will learn how to leverage NSX-T Data Center to set up and manage virtual networks, security policies, load balancing, and monitoring.
The course covers various components of NSX-T Data Center, including logical switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers. Participants will gain hands-on experience through labs that involve deploying, configuring, and managing NSX-T Data Center within the VMware Cloud Director environment.
Key topics covered in the course include creating and managing virtual networks, configuring distributed firewalls and security policies, integrating NSX-T Data Center with existing network infrastructures and services, deploying and managing service-oriented applications, and utilizing VMware Cloud Director to manage multiple tenants and provide on-demand cloud services.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have the skills and knowledge to effectively utilize NSX-T Data Center within the VMware Cloud Director environment. They will be able to create and manage virtual networks, configure security policies, integrate with existing network infrastructures, and deploy and manage applications using NSX-T Data Center. Additionally, participants will understand how to leverage VMware Cloud Director to provide on-demand services and manage multiple tenants in the cloud.
- Experienced network and system administrators
These professionals should have familiarity with data center design, virtualization concepts, and experience managing and administering vSphere and NSX-T environments.
Knowledge of networks and routing essentials, command-line operation, and completion of core vSphere and NSX-T related courses are additional important qualifications to have before taking this training
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in learning advanced concepts and techniques related to managing, configuring, and troubleshooting NSX-T Data Center V10
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: VMware Cloud Director and NSX-T Data Center Fundamentals
- Explain NSX-T Data Center and its architecture
- Discuss various NSX-T Data Center components
- Discuss cluster design for NSX-T Data Center
- Deployment methods for NSX-T Data Center Edge nodes
- Discuss VRF Lite feature
- Describe NSX-T Data Center objects and their creation methods
- Comparing the NSX-T Data Center and NSX Data Center for vSphere functionality
- List the various requirement and maximum configuration details
- Explain Cloud Director and its architecture
- Discuss Cloud Director pre-requisites and deployment
- Discuss the use cases and features of VMware Cloud Director
- Discuss the VMware Validated Designs for Cloud Providers
Module 3: Provider Configuration
- Discuss the integration of vCenter Server with VMware Cloud Director
- Discuss the integration of NSX-T Data Center with VMware Cloud Director
- Explain the Geneve network pool
- Describe the types of provider network and their use cases
- Discuss the edge gateway and its services
- Discuss the external network with the Tier-0 gateway
- Understand the external network with VRF
- Compare the Tier-0 gateway and the VRF supported external gateway
- Discuss the dedicated external network
- Explain distributed routing
- Discuss the BGP configuration in NSX-T Data Center
- Discuss the shared and dedicated external network topologies
Module 4: Tenant Configuration
- Discuss the various types of organization VDC networks and their use cases
- Explain vApp networks and their use cases
- Discuss the different organization VDC networks topology
- Understand the configuration requirements for each organization VDC network
- Differentiate between the imported and direct organization VDC networks
- Explain the imported organization VDC network topology
- Explain the edges services available for each type of organization VDC network
- Discuss SNAT, DNAT, NO SNAT, and NO DNAT
- Discuss IP Allocation Pools
- Discuss Security Groups
- Identify the Security Group objects in NSX-T Data Center
Module 5: Cross VDC Networking Using NSX-T Data Center
- Explain Data Center Groups and their use cases
- Define compute provider scope and network provider scope
- Configure cross-VDC networking and L2 stretched networks
- Manage participating VDCs in a data center group
- Add a data center group edge gateway to a data center group
- Configure the distributed firewall for a data center group
Module 6: NSX Advanced Load Balancer
- Describe the NSX Advanced Load Balancer components and its main functions
- Explain the NSX Advanced Load Balancer key features, benefits, and its use cases
- Discuss NSX-T Cloud and its configuration requirements
- Integrate NSX Advanced Load Balancer with NSX-T Data Center
- Explain Service Engine Groups and types
- Discuss Virtual Service and its configuration
- Integrate NSX Advanced Load Balancer with VMware Cloud Director
- Understand and apply a load balancing design framework
- Monitor NSX Advanced Load Balancer
Module 7: VMware NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director
- Understand the use cases and purpose of the NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director
- Discuss the supported topology and compatibility matrix
- Understand the supported features
- Understand the environmental prerequisites
- Discuss how to prepare the edge cluster for bridging and use for migration
- Build the userInput.yml file by providing the environment details
- Perform a Precheck
- Discuss error handling after Precheck
- Perform the actual migration
- Discuss troubleshooting tips and solutions
Module 8: Monitoring and Billing VMware Cloud Director Networking
- Discuss the methods to manage and monitor networking objects from the VMware Cloud Director portal
- Understand vRealize Operations Manager and the vRealize Operations Manager Tenant App overview
- Discuss how to monitor VMware Cloud Director networking objects using vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Operations Manager Tenant App
- Create a policy and generate customer bills
- Enable the tenant application plug-in for VMware Cloud Director
- Describe the usage of Usage Meter with VMware Cloud Director
Prerequisites for the VMware Cloud Director: Advanced Networking with NSX-T Data Center [V10.2] Training include the following:
• A good understanding of VMware Cloud Director (VCD) and its components.
• Experience creating and managing vCenter organizations and users in vCenter.
• Basic knowledge of IP networking and routing.
• Basic understanding of distributed networks, VLANs and routing protocols (OSPF, RIP).
• Working experience with vSphere networking and VMware NSX-T Data Center.
• Experience and/or training in VMware Cloud Director or equivalent products.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!