VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage Course Overview:
Enroll in the VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage course to gain the skills necessary for deploying and managing a VMware Cloud™ on an AWS infrastructure. This comprehensive training program combines theoretical knowledge with practical hands-on sessions to equip you with the expertise to effectively deploy and manage VMware Cloud on AWS and leverage the features of VMware vSphere® to build a solid foundation for a hybrid infrastructure.
Throughout the course, you will learn the essential concepts and techniques for deploying and managing VMware Cloud on AWS. You will understand how to leverage the capabilities of VMware vSphere® and apply them to the AWS environment. The curriculum covers topics such as deployment considerations, networking and storage configuration, managing virtual machines, monitoring and troubleshooting, and optimizing performance.
By the end of the training, you will have a clear understanding of when and where to apply specific VMware vSphere® features to maximize their impact within the hybrid infrastructure. You will be able to confidently deploy and manage VMware Cloud on AWS, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, seamless integration between on-premises and cloud environments, and effective management of virtual machines.
This course is ideal for IT professionals, system administrators, and cloud administrators seeking to enhance their skills in deploying and managing VMware Cloud on AWS. By acquiring the knowledge and skills taught in this course, you will be well-equipped to leverage the benefits of a hybrid infrastructure and effectively manage your VMware Cloud on AWS deployments.
Enroll today to gain the expertise needed to deploy and manage VMware Cloud on AWS, and optimize your organization’s hybrid infrastructure.
- Anyone planning to migrate, build, or hybridize with VMware Cloud on AWS
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- System Engineer
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Identifying additional resources for after this course
- Identifying other VMware Education Offerings
Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Why choose VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Billing and pricing
Managing the SDDC and Creating Virtual Machines
- Creating and managing users in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploying and accessing SDDCs
- Creating Virtual Machines
Networking in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS networking
- Networking design of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Networking operations
- Inter-SDDC networking
Storage on VMware Cloud on AWS
- vSAN in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Stretched clusters
- External storage integrations and solutions
Working with On-Premises vSphere
- Hybrid linked mode
- Hybrid Cloud Extension
- Migrating Virtual Machines
- vSphere permissions
Scaling the SDDC and Managing Hosts
- Sizing the SDDC
- Cluster management
- Adding and removing hosts
- Host remediation
Resource Management and Availability
- VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource SchedulerTM and Elastic DRS for VMware CloudTM on AWS
- vSphere HA
Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC
- Site Recovery Add-On Service
- VMware Horizon®
- VMware vRealize® Suite
- VMware Cloud MarketplaceTM
- Using APIs with VMware Cloud on AWS
Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS
- Best practice maintenance
- Support and staying up to date
- Common troubleshooting steps
- Next steps to use VMware Cloud on AWS
The participants should have taken the following courses or should have some experience and equivalent knowledge:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSAN and HCI Fundamentals
- Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!