VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track Course Overview:
Enroll in the intensive VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track course, designed specifically for experienced VMware administrators. This comprehensive training program focuses on equipping participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively deploy, configure, manage, and optimize their Horizon 8 environment, while leveraging the benefits of App Volumes for streamlined application management.
Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your VMware administration skills and gain expertise in deploying and managing a Horizon 8 environment integrated with App Volumes. Enroll today to accelerate your career growth and improve your organization’s virtual desktop infrastructure capabilities.
VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track Training is an ideal course for end-users and IT professionals who want to learn how to build, deploy, and manage their own virtual environment
This course is designed for system administrators, virtualization architects, server engineers, and IT professionals who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of Core Horizon 8 features and technologies
The course covers App Volumes which can be used to set up and manage applications, create templates for fast and easy delivery to end-users, monitor application usage, and automate software updates
By the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge necessary to successfully manage and deploy their VMware Horizon 8 virtual environment for improved performance and productivity
Learning Objectives of VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track
1. Understand the architecture of VMware Horizon 8 and the use cases it can address.
2. Learn about essential VMware Horizon 8 components, for example the Connection Server, Security Server and Composer.
3. Know the various ways of deploying and managing VMware Horizon 8.
4. Gain an in-depth knowledge about Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
5. Understand the App Volumes Management Console and how it improves user experience.
6. Be able to quickly troubleshoot and optimize VMware Horizon 8 configurations.
7. Develop skills to streamline the deployment of software applications via App Volumes.
8. Learn to optimize cost by understanding the concept of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
9. Acquire skills to proactively measure and monitor VMware Horizon 8 performance.
10. Gain insight into the use of PowerShell scripting and VMware API’s.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Introduction to VMware Horizon
- Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon
- Describe the conceptual and logical architecture of VMware Horizon
Module 3: Introduction to Use Case
- Define a use case for your virtual desktop and application infrastructure
- Convert customer requirements to use-case attributes
Module 4 :vSphere for Horizon 8
- Explain basic virtualization concepts
- Use vSphere Client to access your vCenter Server system and VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Create, provision, and remove a virtual machine
Module 5: VMware Horizon Desktops
- Create a Windows and a Linux virtual machine using vSphere
- Optimize and prepare Windows and Linux virtual machines to set up VMware Horizon desktop VMs
Module 6: VMware Horizon Agents
- Outline the configuration choices when installing
- Horizon Agent on Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Create a gold master for Windows Horizon desktops
Module 7: VMware Horizon Pools
- Identify the steps to set up a template for desktop pool deployment
- List the steps to add desktops to the Horizon Connection Server inventory
- Compare dedicated-assignment and floatingassignment pools
- Outline the steps to create an automated pool
- Define user entitlement
Module 8: VMware Horizon Client Options
- Describe the different clients and their benefits
- Access the VMware Horizon desktop using various VMware Horizon clients and HTML
- Configure integrated printing, USB redirection, and the shared folders option
- Configure session collaboration and media optimization for Microsoft Teams
Module 9: Creating and Managing Instant-Clone Desktop Pools
- List the advantages of instant clones
- Explain the provisioning technology used for instant-clone desktop pools
- Set up an automated pool of instant clones
- Push updated images to instant-clone desktop pools
Module 10: Creating RDS Desktop and Application Pools
- Explain the difference between an RDS desktop pool and an automated pool
- Compare and contrast an RDS session host pool, a farm, and an application pool
- Create an RDS desktop pool and an application pool
- Access RDS desktops and application from Horizon Client
- Use the instant clone technology to automate the build-out of RDSH farms
- Configure load-balancing for RDSHs on a farm
Module 11: Monitoring VMware Horizon
- Monitor the status of the VMware Horizon components using the Horizon Administrator console dashboard
- Monitor desktop sessions using the HelpDesk tool
Module 12: Horizon Connection Server
- Recognize VMware Horizon reference architecture
- Identify the Horizon Connection Server supported features
- Identify the recommended system requirements for Horizon Connection Server
- Configure the Horizon event database
- Outline the steps for the initial configuration of Horizon Connection Server
- Discuss the ADAM database as a critical component of the Horizon Connection Server installation
Module 13: VMware Horizon Authentication and Certificates
- Compare the authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Describe the Smartcard authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Outline the steps to create a VMware Horizon administrator and custom roles
- Describe the roles available in a VMware Horizon environment
- Explain the role that certificates play for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure certificates for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure True SSO in a VMware Horizon environment
Module 14: Workspace ONE Access and Virtual Application Management
- Recognize the features and benefits of Workspace ONE Access
- Recognize the Workspace ONE Access console features
- Explain identity management in Workspace ONE Access
- Explain access management in Workspace ONE Access
- Describe the Workspace ONE Access directory integration
- Describe the Workspace ONE Access directory integration
- Deploy virtual applications with Workspace services
Module 15: VMware Horizon Performance and Scalability
- Describe the purpose of a replica connection server
- Explain how multiple Horizon Connection Server instances in a pod maintain synchronization
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in VMware Horizon 8
- List the steps to configure graphics cards for use in a VMware Horizon environment
- Configure a load balancer for use in a VMware Horizon environment
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture LDAP replication and VIPA
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture scalability options
Module 16: Managing VMware Horizon Security
- Explain concepts relevant to secure VMware Horizon connections
- Describe how to restrict VMware Horizon connections.
- Discuss the benefits of using Unified Access Gateway
- List the two-factor authentication options that are supported by Unified Access Gateway
- List Unified Access Gateway firewall rules
- Describe the situation in which you might deploy Unified Access Gateway instances with one, two, or three network interfaces
Module 17: Overview of Application and Profile Management
- Profile Management
- Application Management
Module 18: Overview of App Volumes
App Volumes components
Module 19: App Volumes Installation Overview
- Installing and configuring App Volumes Manager
- Installing the App Volumes agent
Module 20: Working with Application Packages
- Packaging Applications
- Maintaining Applications
There are no prerequisites necessary for taking the VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track Training course. It is designed as an introductory training for complete beginners. However, it is recommended that attendees have a basic understanding of the general concepts of virtualization. Additionally, it is encouraged that attendees have basic knowledge of the basic VMware products, including the ESXi hypervisor, vCenter Server, and VMware Horizon.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!