VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration Course Overview:
Enroll in the comprehensive VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration Training course to gain the knowledge and skills required to set up and manage a VDI environment using VMware Horizon. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and practical sessions, participants will learn how to configure and deploy essential components including VMware Horizon Connection Server, VMware Unified Access Gateway, and a load balancer.
The course will cover important topics such as establishing Cloud Pod Architecture, configuring VMware Unified Access Gateway, setting up VMware Horizon Connection Server, and implementing a load balancer for use with Horizon. Participants will also gain expertise in troubleshooting various aspects of the VMware Horizon 8 infrastructure, including Horizon Connection Server, Unified Access Gateway, protocols, connections, and certificates.
By completing this training, participants will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively deploy and manage a VDI environment using VMware Horizon 8. They will have the ability to troubleshoot common issues and ensure the smooth operation of their Horizon infrastructure.
Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your VMware administration skills and become proficient in setting up and managing a VDI environment with VMware Horizon. Enroll today in the VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration Training course and take your virtual desktop infrastructure capabilities to the next level.
Key Features of this VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration Certification Training
- 2-day Instructor-led VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration Certification Training
- Get access to the VMware Horizon 8 training course preview to understand the course outline
- Accredited VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration course material prepared by SMEs
- Expert VMware Horizon 8 instructors with industry expertise across the globe
- Get real-world experience through VMware Horizon 8 lab sessions and exercises that emulate the exact work settings of organizations
- Industry-recognized VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration training course completion certificate provided
- VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration training is provided across 100+ locations globally
Who can take up VMware Infrastructure Training?
Job roles that can benefit from VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration online training include, but are not limited to:
- IT Administrators
- IT Architects
- Virtualization Professionals
- System Integrators
- Desktop Specialists
- Maintenance Specialists
- Implementation Specialists
- End Users
- Aspiring VMware Horizon Professionals
- Professionals who are looking to sit for VMware Horizon8: Infrastructure Administration certification exam
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Horizon Connection Server
- Recognize VMware Horizon reference architecture
- Identify the Horizon Connection Server supported features
- Identify the recommended system requirements for Horizon Connection Server
- Configure Horizon event database
- Outline the steps for the initial configuration of Horizon Connection Server
- Discuss the ADAM database as a critical component of Horizon Connection Server installation
Module 3: VMware Horizon Authentication and Certificates
- Compare the authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Describe the Smartcard authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Outline the steps to create a Horizon administrator and custom roles
- Describe the roles available in a Horizon environment
- Explain the role that certificates play for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure certificates for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure True SSO in a Horizon environment
Module 4: Workspace ONE Access & Virtual Application Management
- Recognize the features and benefits of Workspace ONE Access
- Recognize the Workspace ONE Access console features
- Explain identity management in Workspace ONE Access
- Explain access management in Workspace ONE Access
- Describe the Workspace ONE Access directory integration
- Deploy virtual applications with Workspace services
Module 5: VMware Horizon Performance and Scalability
- Describe the purpose of a replica connection server
- Explain how multiple Horizon Connection Server instances in a pod maintain synchronization
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in Horizon 8
- List the steps to configure graphics cards for use in a Horizon environment
- Configure a load balancer for use in a Horizon environment
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture LDAP replication and VIPA
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture scalability options
Module 6: Managing VMware Horizon Security
- Explain concepts relevant to secure Horizon connections
- Describe how to restrict Horizon connections
- Discuss the benefits of using Unified Access Gateway
- List the two-factor authentication options that are supported by Unified Access Gateway
- List Unified Access Gateway firewall rules
- Describe the situation in which you might deploy Unified Access Gateway instances with one, two, or three network interfaces
Attendees are expected to have at least the following VMware infrastructure knowledge before beginning this course:
- In order to inspect the current standing of your virtual machines, data stores, and networks, you can use the VMware vSphere Web Client.
- VMware vCenter Server® allows you to access the guest operating system by opening a virtual machine console.
- To make copies of virtual machines (or “snapshots”)
- Establish visitor-specific modification settings
- Change the settings of a virtual machine.
- Create a new virtual machine from an existing one.
- To set up a VM from a template
Additionally, all participants must have the following: Expertise in administering Microsoft Windows systems, which include:
- Set up the various services associated with Active Directory, such as DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization.
- Group Policy Objects can be used to impose restrictions on user behaviour.
- Make sure Windows machines can receive Remote Desktop connections.
- Establish an ODBC link to a SQL Server
The VMware Horizon 8 course includes a challenge lab that simulates potential infrastructure problems that professionals may face in real-world VMware Horizon deployments. The purpose of the lab is to simulate a work setting and put the knowledge gained in training to use.
Earning this VMware Horizon 8 credential validates your expertise in setting up and using VMware Horizon. In this VMware Infrastructure training course, you will learn how to set up VMware Horizon Connection Server and VMware Unified Access Gateway. Load balancing using Horizon and setting up Cloud Pod Architecture are both skills that will be covered in this course. Candidates who complete this programme and pass its accompanying exams will be awarded a Course Completion Certificate. If you want to become VMware Certified, passing the VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration exam is the way to do it.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!