VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design (V3.2)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design (V3.2) Course Overview:
The VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design [V3.2] course is specifically designed to provide participants with the foundational knowledge and skills required to understand and design NSX-T Data Center deployments. Throughout the course, learners will gain a deep understanding of the framework, components, and architecture of NSX-T Data Center.
The course curriculum focuses on network and security models for NSX-T Data Center, exploring the various capabilities and features it offers. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on activities that allow them to explore different design options for deploying NSX-T Data Center in a Greenfield environment.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to design NSX-T Data Center deployments tailored to their customers’ business requirements. This will enable them to effectively add network and security virtualization to existing data centers, create software-defined data centers, and design hybrid cloud solutions.
The VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design [V3.2] course is an essential prerequisite for the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Advanced Design [V3.2] course, which builds upon the foundational knowledge gained in this course.
By the end of the training, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the NSX-T Data Center framework and the ability to design custom solutions that align with their customers’ specific requirements.
The target audience for VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design [V3
2] training includes professionals with some experience with traditional virtualization architecture and cloud infrastructure, who could benefit from learning the foundation and design principles of the VMware NSX-T Data Center solution
This training would be ideal for network administrators, system administrators, network engineers, and IT architects
The course content is designed to equip these IT professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and integrate an NSX-T Data Center based solution into their existing IT environment
It also covers the concepts, components, use cases, and new features of the VMware NSX-T Data Center solution and discusses how distributed networking, micro-segmentation, hybrid cloud designs and automation can help to keep up with the agility demands from applications and cloud services
As well as benefiting from learning how to design and implement the latest cutting-edge technology for their current network and cloud architecture, participants in this training would also be able to obtain a basic understanding of VMware’s NSX-T product
Learning Objectives of VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design [V3.2]
1. Understand the NSX-T Data Center architecture and components, including components of a multi-site and multi-region environment.
2. Learn about the underlying and supported hypervisors, and how to use the NSX-T manager to manage and deploy policies.
3. Develop expertise in virtual switching, micro-segmentation, and routing protocols in NSX-T Data Center.
4. Gain proficiency in configuring logical switching, logical routing and distributed Firewalls in a multi-site topology.
5. Be able to configure overlays, physical and logical transport zones, and IP Pools.
6. Learn how to configure Security and network services such as DHCP, NAT, Load balancers and VPNs
7. Gain insight into Monitoring and troubleshooting with NSX-T Data Center.
8. Get familiar with integration NSX-T Data Center with other products in the VMware stack, such as NSX-V, NSX-T Workload Domains, and vRealize Suite.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introduction and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Design Concepts
- Identify design terms
- Describe framework and project methodology
- Describe VMware Validated Design™
- Identify customers’ requirements, assumptions,constraints, and risks
- Explain the conceptual design
- Explain the logical design
- Explain the physical design
Module 3: NSX Architecture and Components
- Recognize the main elements in the NSX-T Data Center architecture
- Describe the NSX management cluster and the management plane
- Identify the functions and components of management, control, and data planes
- Describe the NSX Manager sizing options
- Recognize the justification and implication of NSX manager cluster design decisions
- Identify the NSX management cluster design options
Module 4: NSX Edge Design
- Explain the leading practices for edge design
- Describe the NSX Edge VM reference designs
- Describe the bare-metal NSX Edge reference designs
- Explain the leading practices for edge cluster design
- Explain the effect of stateful services placement
- Explain the growth patterns for edge clusters
- Identify design considerations when using L2 bridging services
Module 5: NSX Logical Switching Design
- Describe concepts and terminology in logical switching
- Identify segment and transport zone design considerations
- Identify virtual switch design considerations
- Identify uplink profile, VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control profile, and transport node profile design considerations
- Identify Geneve tunneling design considerations
- Identify BUM replication mode design considerations
Module 6: NSX Logical Routing Design
- Explain the function and features of logical routing
- Describe NSX-T Data Center single-tier and multitier routing architectures
- Identify guidelines when selecting a routing topology
- Describe the BGP and OSPF routing protocol configuration options
- Explain gateway high availability modes of operation and failure detection mechanisms
- Identify how multitier architectures provide control over stateful service location
- Identify VRF Lite requirements and considerations
- Identify the typical NSX scalable architectures
Module 7: NSX Security Design
- Identify different security features available in NSXT Data Center
- Describe the advantages of an NSX Distributed Firewall
- Describe the use of NSX Gateway Firewall as a perimeter firewall and as an intertenant firewall
- Determine a security policy methodology
- Recognize the NSX-T Data Center security best practices
Module 8: NSX Network Services
- Identify the stateful services available in different edge cluster high availability modes
- Describe failover detection mechanisms
- Explain the design considerations for integrating VMware NSX® Advanced Load Balancer™ with NSX-T Data Center
- Describe stateful and stateless NSX-T Data Center NAT
- Identify benefits of NSX-T Data Center DHCP
- Identify benefits of metadata proxy
- Describe IPSec VPN and L2 VPN
Module 9: Physical Infrastructure Design
- Identify the components of a switch fabric design
- Assess Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch fabric design implications
- Review guidelines when designing top-of-rack switches
- Review options for connecting transport hosts to the switch fabric
- Describe typical designs for VMware ESXi™ compute hypervisors with two pNICs
- Describe typical designs for ESXi compute hypervisors with four or more pNICs
- Describe a typical design for a KVM compute hypervisor with two pNICs
- Differentiate dedicated and collapsed cluster approaches to SDDC design
Module 10: NSX Multilocation Design
- Explain scale considerations in an NSX-T Data Center multisite design
- Describe the main components of the NSX Federation architecture
- Describe the stretched networking capability in Federation
- Describe stretched security use cases in Federation
- Compare Federation disaster recovery designs
Module 11: NSX Optimization
- Describe Geneve Offload
- Describe the benefits of Receive Side Scaling and Geneve Rx Filters
- Explain the benefits of SSL Offload
- Describe the effect of Multi-TEP, MTU size, and NIC speed on throughput
- Explain the available N-VDS enhanced datapath modes and use cases
- List the key performance factors for compute nodes and NSX Edge nodes
There are no prerequisites for taking VMware NSX-T Data Center: Design [V3.2] Training. However, it is recommended to have knowledge of network technologies such as routing and switching, firewalls, security, IP networking, and virtualization technologies. Additionally, having a working knowledge of VMware vSphere will be beneficial.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!