VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage (v3.0)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage (v3.0) Course Overview:
New version VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage (V3.2) is now available.
Enroll in the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage (V3.0) Certification Training Course, a comprehensive five-day program designed to provide working professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully implement, configure, manage, and monitor the VMware NSX-T Data Center infrastructure.
Through a combination of theoretical lectures and hands-on labs, this course covers the best practices for operating the NSX-T Data Center environment and guides professionals on maximizing its potential. The instructors adopt a hands-on approach, ensuring participants have practical experience and access to labs to reinforce their learning.
By completing this training, candidates will gain the expertise needed to effectively implement and manage the VMware NSX-T Data Center infrastructure. They will also learn how to operate the environment efficiently, following industry best practices.
Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your skills and gain valuable practical experience in installing, configuring, managing, and monitoring the VMware NSX-T Data Center infrastructure. Enroll in this certification training course and take your career to the next level.
Key job roles that will benefit from completing the VMware NSX-T Data Center Certification Training Course are:
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Enterprise administrators
- IT managers
- Security consultants
- Network specialists
- Aspiring Data Center Management professionals
- Professionals who are looking to clear relevant VMware NSX-T Data Center certification exam
Candidates who complete the certification training course will be able to gain the following skills and knowledge:
- A thorough understanding of the VMWare virtual cloud network
- Knowledge of how to operate the NSX-T Data Center environment, its features and benefits
- Installation, deployment and configuration of the NSX-T Data Center architecture
- Understanding of tiered routing architecture
- Configuration of advanced services using the NSX-T Data Center architecture such as VPN, Distributed and Gateway Firewall, advanced security enforcement
- Integration of the VMWare Identity Manager with the NSX-T Data Center to manage access
- Successfully know how to use the NSX-T Data Center architecture for switching, routing and security.
Benefits of getting a VMware NSX-T Data Center Install, Configure, Manage Certification
- Demonstrate your VMware NSX-T Data Center skills to help enterprises to install, configure, and manage the VMware NSX-T Data Center environment
- Get certified in industry-recognized VMware NSX-T Data Center to stay ahead of your non-certified counterparts and to embrace the new norm in virtualization globally
- Today VMware platform is used extensively by enterprises as it provides an Agile software-defined environment to build various types of native applications
- Receive better salary remuneration of USD 136,000 on average for professionals who are certified VMware NSX Engineers
- Gain a thorough understanding of how NSX-T Data Center allows teams to whichever technologies best suited to build their applications
- Get recognition and validate your new found skills among your peers and remain with VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage Certification
- Showcase your VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage certification badge of honor across social media platforms to gain instant recognition
- Create a successful career path through the VMware ecosystem by becoming a certified VMware NSX Engineer/Expert
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: VMware Virtual Cloud Network and NSX-T Data Center
- Introduce VMware’s Virtual Cloud Network vision
- Discuss NSX-T Data Center solutions, use cases, and benefits
- Explain NSX-T Data Center architecture and components
- Describe VMware NSX® product portfolio and features
- Explain the management, control, data, and consumption planes and function
Module 3: Deployment Preparing the NSX-T Data Center Infrastructure
- Describe NSX Management Cluster
- Deploy VMware NSX® Manager™ nodes on VMware ESXi and KVM hypervisors
- Navigate through the NSX Manager UI
- Explain data-plane components such as N-VDS, transport nodes, transport zones, profiles, and more
- Perform transport node preparation and establish the data center infrastructure
- Verify transport node status and connectivity
Module 4: NSX-T Data Center Logical Switching
- Introduce key components and terminology in logical switching
- Describe the function and types of L2 segments
- Explain tunneling and the GENEVE encapsulation
- Configure logical segments and attach hosts using NSX Manager UI
- Describe the function and types of segment profiles
- Create segment profiles and apply them to segments and ports
- Explain the function of MAC, ARP, and TEP tables used in packet forwarding
- Demonstrate L2 unicast packet flow
- Explain ARP suppression and BUM traffic handling
Module 5: NSX-T Data Center Logical Routing
- Describe the logical routing function and use cases
- Introduce the two-tier routing architecture, topologies, and components
- Explain the Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateway functions
- Describe the logical router components: Service Router and Distributed Router
- Discuss the architecture and function of VMware NSX® Edge™ nodes
- Discuss deployment options of NSX Edge nodes
- Configure NSX Edge nodes and create NSX Edge clusters
- Configure Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateways
- Examine the single-tier and multitier packet flow
- Configure static routing and dynamic routing
- Enable ECMP on Tier-0 Gateway
- Describe NSX Edge HA, failure detection, and failback modes
Module 6: NSX-T Data Center Bridging
- Describe the function of logical bridging
- Discuss the logical bridging use cases
- Compare routing and bridging solutions
- Explain the components of logical bridging
- Create bridge clusters and bridge profiles
Module 7: NSX-T Data Center Security
- Introduce the NSX-T Data Center security approach and model
- Describe the micro-segmentation benefits and use cases
- Describe the Distributed Firewall architecture, components, and function
- Configure Distributed Firewall sections and rules
- Describe the Gateway Firewall architecture, components, and function
- Configure Gateway Firewall sections and rules
- Describe URL analysis and distributed intrusion system importance and use-cases.
- Describe the service insertion functionality for eastwest and north-south security
- Discuss the integration and benefits of partner security solutions with NSX-T Data Center
Module 8: NSX-T Data Center Services
- Describe NSX-T Data Center services
- Explain and configure Network Address Translation (NAT) and NAT 64
- Explain and configure DNS and DHCP services
- Describe the load-balancing function, topologies, components, and use cases
- Configure L4-L7 load balancing
- Discuss the IPSec VPN and L2 VPN function and use cases
- Configure IPSec VPN and L2 VPN using NSX Manager UI
Module 9: NSX-T Data Center Monitoring
- Explain the importance and functionality of VMware NSX® Intelligence™
- Navigate through the NSX Topology UI and identify the various key elements in the UI
- Discuss the importance and use-cases of alarms and events
Module 10: NSX-T Data Center User and Role Management
- Describe the function and benefits of VMware Identity Manager in NSX-T Data Center
- Integrate VMware Identity Manager with NSX-T Data Center
- Integrate LDAP with NSX-T Data Center
- Identify the various types of users, authentication policies, and permissions
- Use role-based access control to restrict user access
- Explain the built-in roles in VMware Identity Manager and role assignment to users
Module 11: NSX-T Data Center Federation
- Introduce the NSX-T Data Center Federation key concepts, terminology, and use-cases.
- Explain the onboarding process of NSX-T Data Center Federation
- Describe the NSX-T Data Center Federation switching and routing functions.
- Describe the NSX-T Data Center Federation security concepts and routing functions
- Candidates who want to apply for the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage (V3.0) Certification Training Course need to be experienced system administrators or network administrators as it is an advanced level certification.
- They need to have experience working with firewalls.
- Candidates also need to have past work experience in switching and routing.
- Professionals need to have a working knowledge of network security as well as TCP/IP services
- They also need to have completed at least one of the courses mentioned below:
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!