VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations (V4.x)
Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours)
VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations (V4.x) Course Overview:
The VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations [V4.x] course is a comprehensive training program specifically designed for networking professionals. The course offers an introduction to NSX v4.x, covering various aspects such as configuration, installation, and troubleshooting.
Participants will gain in-depth knowledge of NSX infrastructure, including installation, operation, network services, and management. This self-paced course is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to determine the correct installation and configuration steps required for effective management and troubleshooting of NSX v4.x.
Additionally, the course provides a solid foundation in VMware’s virtualization and networking solutions, equipping students with essential knowledge of VMware technologies.
By enrolling in this course, networking professionals will enhance their understanding of NSX v4.x and develop the skills needed to confidently manage and troubleshoot NSX deployments. This comprehensive training program is an invaluable resource for individuals seeking to gain expertise in VMware’s virtualization and networking solutions.
Enroll today to expand your knowledge and proficiency in NSX v4.x, and gain a solid understanding of VMware’s virtualization and networking technologies.
The course will cover topic such as:
• Introduction to NSX v4.x
• Networking fundamentals
• Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
• dvSwitches and appliances
• DHCP, DNS and SNMP
• Security with NSX
• Troubleshooting v4.x
• Operations for NSX v4.x
Throughout the course, students will get to practice hands-on with VMware’s NSX v4.x product. At the end of this course, students will have gained a deep understanding of NSX v4.x and will be able to confidently install, manage, and troubleshoot this virtualized networking environment.
Intended Audience :
The target audience for VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations [V4
x] training are individuals who already have an understanding of virtual network concepts and technologies and are seeking to improve their troubleshooting and operations skills
The training is designed for those deploying and managing VMware’s NSX infrastructure and planning to, or already, troubleshooting NSX use cases
The target audience includes, but is not limited to, network/system administrators, system integrators, network architects, network engineers, and professional services consultants
The ideal candidate should have a good working knowledge of physical networking technology, datacenter topologies, and data center computing resources
Furthermore, a basic knowledge of virtual network concepts and the VMware vSphere platform, as well as experience with VMware ESXi, vSphere, and NSX are highly recommended, but not a requirement
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introduction and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: NSX Operations and Tools
- Explain and validate the native troubleshooting tools for NSX
- Configure syslog, IPFIX, and log collections for the NSX environment
- Integrate NSX with VMware Aria Operations for Logs and VMware Aria Operations for Networks
- Validate and review the API methods available to configure the NSX environment
Module 3: Troubleshooting the NSX Management Cluster
- Describe the NSX Management cluster architecture, components, and communication channels
- Identify the workflows involved in configuring the NSX Management cluster
- Validate and troubleshoot the NSX Management cluster formation
Module 4: Troubleshooting Infrastructure Preparation
- Describe the data plane architecture, components, and communication channels
- Explain and troubleshoot VMware ESXi transport node preparation issues
- Explain and troubleshoot NSX Edge deployment issues
Module 5: Troubleshooting Logical Switching
- Describe the architecture of logical switching
- List the modules and processes involved in configuring logical switching
- Explain the importance of VDS in transport nodes
- Review the architecture and workflows involved in attaching workloads to segments
- Identify and troubleshoot common logical switching issues
Module 6: Troubleshooting Logical Routing
- Review the architecture of logical routing
- Explain the workflows involved in the configuration of Tier-0 and Tier-1 gateways
- Explain the high availability modes and validate logical router placements
- Identify and troubleshoot common logical routing issues using both BGP and OSPF
Module 7: Troubleshooting Security
- Review the architecture of the Distributed Firewall
- Explain the workflows involved in configuring the Distributed Firewall
- Review the architecture of the Gateway Firewall
- Explain the workflows involved in configuring the Gateway Firewall
- Identify and troubleshoot common Distributed firewall and Gateway Firewall issues
- Review the architecture and workflows involved in configuring Distributed IDS/IPS
- Identify and troubleshoot common Distributed IDS/IPS problems.
Module 8: Troubleshooting Services
- Review the NSX Advanced Load Balancer architecture and components
- Identify and troubleshoot common NSX Advanced Load Balancer issues
- Review the IPsec and L2 VPN architecture and components
- Identify and troubleshoot common IPsec and L2 VPN issues
Module 9: Datapath Walkthrough
- Verify and validate the path of the packet on the NSX datapath
- Identify and perform packet captures at various points in the datapath
- Use NSX CLI and native hypervisor commands to retrieve configurations involved in the NSX datapath
There are no specific prerequisites for the VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations [V4.x] Training course. However, you should be familiar with basic network and security concepts, have a basic understanding of virtualization technology, and have experience with VMware products. Additionally, it is recommended that you complete the NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (ICM) [V6.2] course before enrolling in this course.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!