VMware Spring Security
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
VMware Spring Security Course Overview:
Enroll in the 2-day Spring Security certification training course offered by TrainCrest. This course is designed to provide participants with in-depth knowledge of the major features of Spring Security.
Throughout the training, you will learn about various aspects of Spring Security, including configuration, authentication, authorization, password handling, testing, protection against security threats, and the implementation of OAuth2 to secure applications.
By the end of the course, participants will have a solid foundation in securing enterprise and microservices applications using Spring Security. You will gain practical skills and knowledge to effectively implement security measures and protect applications from potential security risks.
Enrolling in this certification training course will equip you with the necessary expertise to confidently handle security aspects in your applications. By understanding the features and best practices of Spring Security, you will be able to create more secure and robust applications.
Don’t miss the opportunity to enhance your skills in securing enterprise and microservices applications. Enroll in the Spring Security certification training course today and build a strong foundation in implementing effective security measures using Spring Security.
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring Security with hands-on experience and build secure Spring and Spring Boot applications.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use Spring Security in Spring and Spring Boot applications
- Configure the Spring Security filter chain
- Protect HTTP endpoints with expression-based access control and the AuthorizationManager API
- Protect method execution
- Use different authentication mechanisms
- Handle passwords in an efficient way
- Integrate Spring Security with Junit 5 and MockMVC to test HTTP and method security
- Protect against common vulnerabilities and threats
- Understand what OAuth2 is
- Use and configure the Spring Authorization Server
- Implement a resource server and client
Module 1: Security Introduction
- Need for security
- Basic security concepts
- Common security vulnerabilities
Module 2: Spring Security Basics
- Introduction to Spring Security
- High-level architecture
- Overview of SecurityContext
- Spring Security with Spring Boot
Module 3: Customizing Authentication
- Building blocks for authentication
- Authentication mechanisms based on user name and password
- Other authentication mechanisms
- Authentication events
Module 4: Securing Web Applications
- Configuring authorization
- Using AccessDecisionsManager for authorization
- Using AuthorizationManager for authorization
- Bypassing security
Module 5: Method Security
- Method security architecture
- Declarative method security with annotations
Module 6: Security Testing
- Spring Security Testing Support
- Security mock annotations and meta-annotations
- Using MockMvc to test security
Module 7: Handling Passwords
- Password hashing
- Upgrading passwords
Module 8: (Optional) Protecting Against Common Vulnerabilities
- Hardening web applications with security headers
- Preventing cross-site request forgery
- Encrypting data in transit
Module 9: OAuth2 and OIDC Concepts
- Need for OAuth
- Overview of OAuth2 and OIDC
- OAuth2 grant types
- Types of tokens
- Spring Security OAuth2 support and OAuth2 login
Module 10: Spring Authorization Server
- Introduction to Authorization Server
- Spring Authorization Server endpoints
- Spring Authorization Server configuration
Module 11: Protecting and accessing resources with OAuth2
- Resource server
- Using JWT tokens
- Using opaque tokens
- Configuring an OAuth2 client
Developer experience building applications with Spring Boot, experience using an IDE (Eclipse, Spring Tools, IntelliJ, or VS Code), and experience using build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!