VMware vRealize Operations for Administrators
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
VMware vRealize Operations for Administrators Course Overview:
The VMware vRealize Operations for Administrators [V7] course is specifically designed to provide IT professionals with the necessary skills to effectively utilize the VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) suite of monitoring and management tools. Participants will acquire the knowledge and abilities to configure, monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot their VMware vRealize Operations infrastructure.
By the end of the course, students will have the capability to configure and manage their vROps environment, ensuring optimal performance. They will be proficient in monitoring the health of their vROps setup, identifying performance trends and issues, and implementing appropriate troubleshooting measures. Additionally, participants will gain familiarity with advanced management features, including Infrastructure Groups, Capacity Analysis, Policy/Planning, Alerts, Dashboards, Real-Time Analysis, and more.
This course caters to a range of IT professionals, including administrators, system engineers, architects, help desk personnel, DevOps engineers, and other individuals responsible for managing a VMware vRealize Operations environment or planning to join a team involved in vRealizeOps infrastructure management.
The target audience for VMware vRealize Operations for Administrators [V7] training are system administrators, system engineers, IT professionals, and technical support personnel
This training is ideal for those who want to gain the skills and knowledge needed to plan, implement, operating, monitor, and scale their VMware vRealize Operations
The course has been designed for IT professionals who are familiar with the concepts of virtualization and want to learn more about this powerful tool
It is also suitable for those who may have a background in traditional, manual methods of operations and other IT fields
Through this training, participants will gain the knowledge and expertise necessary to operate and manage their vRealize Operations environment with ease
They will also learn to leverage the capabilities of the tool to improve IT infrastructure visibility, operations, security, and compliance
Learning Objectives of VMware vRealize Operations for Administrators [V7]
1.Learn how to plan, configure and manage a vRealize Operations environment.
2.Understand the available components, such as the vRealize Operations Manager and the vRealize Operations Agent.
3.Gain knowledge of the layout of dashboards and the content of reports.
4.Discover how to manage license usage, apply content packs and combine data from disparate sources.
5.Gain an understanding of the analytics, alerts and actions available as well as proactive capacity management.
6.Learn how to integrate 3rd party endpoints into vRealize Operations.
7.Discover how to leverage additional features such as the vRealize Operations Standard and Distributed architecture.
8.Learn best practices for deploying and configuring the vRealize Operations suite.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Introduction to vRealize Operations
- Describe how vRealize Operations is used to manage the software-defined data center
- Describe the features and benefits of vRealize Operations
Module 3: vRealize Operations Concepts
- Navigate the main pages of the product user interface
- Use the product UI and the admin UI
- Use tags, applications, and groups to group related objects in the environment
Module 4: vRealize Operations Architecture
- Describe the function of the components in a node
- Describe the roles in a vRealize Operations cluster
Module 5: Performance Optimization
- Assess the performance of your environment to determine which data centers need optimization
- Define the business and operational intents for your data centers
- Automate the process of optimizing and balancing workloads in your data centers
- Report on the results of your optimization efforts
Module 6: Capacity Optimization
- Define capacity planning terminology and capacity planning models
- Assess the overall capacity of a data center and provide optimization recommendations
- Use what-if scenarios to plan for future capacity requirements
- Assess the cost of running the data centers in your environment
Module 7: Troubleshooting and Managing Configurations
- Use predefined step-by-step workflows to troubleshoot different vSphere objects
- Assess your environment’s compliance to standards
- View the configurations of vSphere objects in your environment
- Describe how logs can be accessed by integrating vRealize Operations with VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Use inventory trees on the Environment page to monitor vSphere objects
- Monitor the performance of the vRealize Operations instance
Module 8: Policies
- Create policies for various types of workloads
- Explain how policy inheritance works
The prerequisites for this course include an in-depth knowledge of virtualization, storage, and networking concepts along with an understanding of VMware vSphere, including vSphere management, basic scripting/programming, and an understanding of the cloud computing model. It is also highly recommended that students have prior exposure to VMware vRealize operations before attending this course.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!