VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20.x]
Duration: 1 Day (8 Hours)
VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20.x] Course Overview:
The VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20.x] course equips technical professionals with the essential knowledge and skills to design and configure a secure and efficient VMware Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution. This comprehensive course guides participants through the process of designing a secure modern workspace that encompasses applications, devices, identities, analytics, and security.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand and describe the components of a Workspace ONE UEM solution, and explain their purpose and architecture.
• Design and implement a Workspace ONE UEM solution using best practices.
• Configure profiles and apps for mobile devices and other endpoints.
• Utilize AirWatch tools, such as the AirWatch Console and APIs, for reporting and analytics.
• Implement and use Workspace ONE Access and Workspace ONE Intelligence.
• Describe the security measures to be employed in a Workspace ONE UEM Solution.
You will use VMware Workspace ONE (UEM) as well as VMware AirWatch Console and APIs as part of this course. Additionally, you will use various tools to build, configure, and monitor your Workspace ONE UEM solution, as well as get acquainted with the new features in the latest version.
Expect to gain hands-on experience designing a complete and secure UEM solution using App and Device Management, Identity Management, AirWatch Analytics, and Security measures during this course. The skills you learn during this course will help you to design and implement an effective VMware Workspace ONE Solution.
The target audience for VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20
x] training is IT professionals and architects who are looking for a comprehensive understanding of the planning and design process for deploying Workspace ONE
This course is ideal for professionals who are involved in designing Workspace ONE solutions for enterprise organizations, including solution and VMware partners
Attendees must possess knowledge of the underlying Windows Server and Windows 10 technologies used to deploy Workspace ONE
They should also have experience working with VMware Identity Manager and Single Sign-On technologies
This course is suitable for IT professionals and architects with intermediate-level experience in desktop virtualization and identity management solutions
Learning Objectives of VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20.x]
1. Understand the core components of the Workspace ONE solution.
2. Review the software users and design decision matrix.
3. Identify and evaluate the new features in V20.x.
4. Set up basic authentication and authorization services like UAG and identify best practices around deployment and configuration.
5. Configure the Workspace ONE integrated management principles and components.
6. Utilize email, mobile applications, and single sign on services.
7. Implement policies management and conditional access.
8. Architect Workspace ONE solutions to support enterprise mobility needs.
9. Integrate the Workspace ONE platform with other enterprise systems.
10. Understand how to troubleshoot and debug common Workspace ONE issues.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Workspace ONE Design Fundamentals
- Outline the high-level Workspace ONE product design methods
- Outline the available Workspace ONE architecture types
- Outline the phases of End User Computing (EUC) solution design
- Describe the difference between a logical design and a physical design
Module 3: Identifying Use Cases
- Determine the key business drivers and use cases
- Determine the right use cases for your Workspace ONE solution deployment
- Outline the common types of user experience
- Match use cases with Workspace ONE components
- Match user experience with technology and integrations
Module 4: Creating Logical and Physical Designs
- Design the high-level logical solution architecture
- Validate the logical architecture
- Identify the hardware, software, and network requirements for the required Workspace ONE components
- Create the physical architecture
- Document the physical requirements for the physical design
- Collect the requirements for required integrations
- Validate the physical architecture
Module 5: Workspace ONE Solution Delivery
- Create Workspace ONE solution deployment phases
- Determine project milestones
- Create an execution plan for the Workspace ONE solution deployment
- Determine validating standards for Workspace ONE solution deployment validation
- Design an appropriate Workspace ONE solution roll-out plan for end users
An understanding of Windows and macOS platform provide an ideal starting point for this training. Candidates should also meet the following prerequisites:
• A base level understanding of the components of VMware Workspace ONE.
• A basic knowledge of key Mobility Management concepts such as identity management, authentication, application deployment, single sign-on, content management and EMM architecture.
• Proficiency with cloud services such as VMware Cloud, vRealize Automation/s, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and/or other identity providers.
• Completion of the Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage [V20.x] training or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!