VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20.x]
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20.x] Course Overview:
The VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20.x] course is a technical-level training designed to equip learners with the necessary skills to effectively diagnose, resolve, and escalate endpoint issues. Focused on the Troubleshooting and Resolution aspect of the Digital Workspace implementation within the UEM application suite, this course provides participants with essential troubleshooting techniques, tools, and workflow strategies, along with in-depth root cause analysis. With a comprehensive understanding of the UEM platform, learners will develop the ability to identify and address technical issues, ensuring smooth operation. This course offers valuable learning opportunities and certification for individuals seeking to enhance their troubleshooting and resolution skills in the VMware Workspace ONE environment. This course will:
• Show you how to differentiate between the tasks of troubleshooting and resolution
• Teach you how to properly assess and evaluate individual user or device issues
• Guide you through the troubleshooting process from start to finish
• Provide you with in-depth root cause analysis techniques
• Teach you the fundamentals of UEM platform components
• Provide an introduction to the UEM Logging and Reporting architecture
• Prepare you for troubleshooting UEM-related user and device issues within the Digital Workspace experience
The target audience for the VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20
x] training is IT professionals, system administrators, technical personnel, and network engineers who are involved in the management of endpoint devices in an enterprise environment
This training course is aimed at professionals with experience in deploying, configuring, managing, troubleshooting, and supporting server virtualization, desktop virtualization, and mobility solutions
The course will help participants gain a thorough understanding of VMware Workspace ONE UEM troubleshooting techniques for identifying and addressing issues with managing endpoints in a corporate environment
It will also teach participants how to use the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Console to reduce the complexity associated with maintaining endpoint devices
Learning Objectives of VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20.x]
1. Enroll devices in the Workspace ONE Environment to be able to centrally manage them.
2. Identify and troubleshoot common issues occurring during the enrollment process of devices.
3. Manage Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management components and their interdependencies.
4. Identify and troubleshoot infrastructure issues related to VMware Tools and virtual machines.
5. Utilize the VMware Workspace ONE dashboard to monitor and troubleshoot device health.
6. Use various logging andreporting tools to thoroughly analyze device and user activity within the system.
7. Familiarize yourself with different types of notifications and alerts that can occur in the environment, and the troubleshooting steps necessary to remedy them.
8. Proactively detect issues related to application and OS glitches using VMware AirWatch Analysis.
9. Utilize Automation and SDKs to streamline MDM and MAM policy enforcement on devices.
10. Identify and troubleshoot connectivity issues with devices in the system.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Fundamentals of Workspace ONE UEM Troubleshooting
- Summarize the general logic of Workspace ONE UEM issue troubleshooting
- Classify Workspace ONE UEM issues
- Describe when and why to use logs for troubleshooting
- Compare the different log levels
- Identify the key factors of log collection
- Summarize the workflow topology of each Workspace ONE UEM productivity and integration component
Module 3: Workspace ONE UEM Console Troubleshooting
- Outline the best practices for Workspace ONE UEM console issue troubleshooting
- Identify common Workspace ONE UEM console issues
- Troubleshoot Workspace ONE reporting issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to Group Management and Assignments
- Troubleshoot issues related to System Settings and Admin Roles
- Use the Console Event log for Workspace ONE UEM console issue troubleshooting
- Collect and analyze Workspace ONE UEM console logs
Module 4: Workspace ONE UEM Enterprise Integration Troubleshooting
- Summarize the best practices of Workspace ONE UEM Enterprise Integration issue troubleshooting
- Identify common Enterprise Integration issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to AirWatch Cloud Connector
- Troubleshoot issues related to Directory Services integration
- Troubleshoot issues related to certificate authority integration
- Troubleshoot issues related to Workspace ONE access integration in the Workspace ONE UEM console
Module 5: Workspace ONE UEM Endpoint Troubleshooting
- Summarize the endpoint connection topologies of different endpoint platforms
- Describe endpoint troubleshooting best practices
- Identify common endpoint issues
- Summarize the general troubleshooting logic for resolving an endpoint enrollment issue
- Validate enrollment settings for endpoint enrollment
- Troubleshoot endpoint connectivity issues
- Validate the Hub Settings in the Workspace ONE UEM console
- Summarize the general logic of troubleshooting profile lifecycle management issues
- Outline common compliance policy lifecycle management issues
- Summarize the key factors in collecting and analyzing Workspace ONE UEM Device Services logs and targeted logging
- Identify the categories and logging levels of certain Device Event log entries
- Troubleshoot Device Enrollment Program (DEP) enrollment issues
Module 6: Workspace ONE UEM Email Troubleshooting
- Summarize the general troubleshooting logic of resolving Email Management issues
- Identify common email issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to email profile and VMware Workspace ONE® Boxer settings
- Troubleshoot AirWatch Secure Email Gateway related issues
- Troubleshoot PowerShell integration related issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to Email Compliance Policy
- Troubleshoot issues related to Email Notification Service
- Outline the steps of collecting Secure Email Gateway logs and email server logs
Module 7: Workspace ONE UEM Application Troubleshooting
- Summarize the best practices of Application Management issue troubleshooting
- Identify common Application Management issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to Public Application management lifecycle
- Troubleshoot issues related to Internal Application management lifecycle
- Troubleshoot issues related to Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Troubleshoot issues related to Windows Store for Business
- Troubleshoot issues related to Per-App VPN
- Collect and analyze Per-App Tunnel log
Module 8: Workspace ONE UEM Content Troubleshooting
- Summarize the best practices of Content Management issue troubleshooting
- Identify common Content Management issues
- Troubleshoot issues related to AirWatch managed content management
- Troubleshoot issues related to Content Gateway
- Collect and analyze Content Gateway logs
- Troubleshoot issues related to Admin Repository
- Troubleshoot issues related to User Repository
- Troubleshoot issues related to Workspace ONE Content Application
Participants of the VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Troubleshooting [V20.x] must have knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac operating system support, PowerShell, browser-based troubleshooting, basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS) and ICMP troubleshooting. Experience with mobility management is strongly recommended.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!